Evolution Of Dollar/Euro Exchange Rate Before And After The Birth Of Euro And Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Mundell, 1998. "What the euro means for the dollar and the international Monetary system," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(3), pages 227-237, September.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Issing, Otmar, 2002. "The international role of the euro," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 315-345, July.
- Cohen, Daniel & Loisel, Olivier, 2001. "Why was the euro weak? Markets and policies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 988-994, May.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2002. "Challenges for Monetary Policy in Euroland," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 693-718, November.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1995. "Empirical research on nominal exchange rates," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 33, pages 1689-1729 Elsevier.
- Fritz Breuss, 2002. "Was ECB's Monetary Policy Optimal?," WIFO Working Papers 173, WIFO.
- Philip Arestis & Iris Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal & Andrew Brown & Malcolm Sawyer, 2002. "Explaining the EURO's Initial Decline," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 71-88, Winter.
- Chinn, Menzie D & Alquist, Ron, 2000. "Tracking the Euro's Progress," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 357-373, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Zestos, George K. & Shaltayev, Dmitriy S., 2012. "Do market fundamentals determine the Dollar–Euro exchange rate?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15.
More about this item
KeywordsEuro; Exchange rate; Monetary model; Cointegration;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-07-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2009-07-17 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2009-07-17 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2009-07-17 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2006-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .