The international role of the euro
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000.
"The euro and international capital markets,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2000/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Carsten Detken & Philipp Hartmann, 2000. "The Euro and International Capital Markets," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 27, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The euro and international capital markets," Working Paper Series 0019, European Central Bank.
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The Euro and International Capital Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2461, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1979.
"Vehicle Currencies And the Structure Of International Exchange,"
NBER Working Papers
0333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Vehicle Currencies and the Structure of International Exchange," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 513-26, August.
- Kpate Adjaoute & Jean-Pierre Danthine, 2004.
"Portfolio diversification: alive and well in Euro-land!,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(17), pages 1225-1231.
- Adjaoute, Kpate & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 2001. "Portfolio Diversification: Alive and Well in Euroland!," CEPR Discussion Papers 3086, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adjaoute, K. & Danthine, J.P., 2001. "Portfolio Diversification: Alive and well In Euroland," Papers 32, Manitoba - Department of Economics.
- Kpate ADJAOUTE & Jean-Pierre DANTHINE, 2001. "Portfolio Diversification: Alive and well in Euroland !," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 01.08, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Kpaté ADJAOUTE & Jean-Pierre DANTHINE, 2001. "Portfolio Diversification: Alive and Well in Euroland!," FAME Research Paper Series rp32, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1987.
"Hegemonic Stability Theories of the International Monetary System,"
NBER Working Papers
2193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1987. "Hegemonic Stability Theories of the International Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 193, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kiminori Matsuyama & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Akihiko Matsui, 1993.
"Toward a Theory of International Currency,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 283-307.
- Hélène Rey, 2001.
"International Trade and Currency Exchange,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 443-464.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andres, 2001.
"The Microstructure of the Euro Money Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartmann,Philipp, 1998.
"Currency Competition and Foreign Exchange Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521632737, October.
- C. Randall Henning, 1997.
"Cooperating with Europe's Monetary Union,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa49, February.
- Alogoskoufis, G. & Portes, R. & Rey, H., 1997.
"The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency,"
DELTA Working Papers
97-28, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Richard Portes & Hélène Rey, 1998. "The emergence of the euro as an international currency," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 305-343, 04.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Portes, Richard & Rey, Hélène, 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEPR Discussion Papers 1741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Portes & Helene Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," NBER Working Papers 6424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G Alogoskoufis & R Portes & H Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEP Discussion Papers dp0388, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Black, Stanley W., 1991. "Transactions costs and vehicle currencies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 512-526, December.
- Garry J. Schinasi & Alessandro Prati, 1997. "European Monetary Union and International Capital Markets; Structural Implications and Risks," IMF Working Papers 97/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1994. "Bid-ask spreads in the interbank foreign exchange markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 317-348, June.
- Kenen,Peter B., 1995. "Economic and Monetary Union in Europe," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521558839, October.
- Robert N. McCauley & William R. White, 1997. "The Euro and European financial markets," BIS Working Papers 41, Bank for International Settlements.
- Robert N. McCauley, 1997.
"The euro and the dollar,"
BIS Working Papers
50, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tavlas, G.S., 1991. "On the International Use of Currencies: the Case of the Deutsche Mark," Princeton Studies in International Economics 181, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Lopez, Robert Sabatino, 1951. "The Dollar of the Middle Ages," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 209-234, June.
- Javier Santillán & Marc Bayle & Christian Thygesen, 2000. "The impact of the euro on money and bond markets," Occasional Paper Series 1, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:24:y:2002:i:4:p:315-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.