Vehicle Currencies And the Structure Of International Exchange
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Vehicle Currencies and the Structure of International Exchange," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 513-526, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jones, Robert A, 1976. "The Origin and Development of Media of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 757-775, August.
- Chrystal, K Alec, 1977. "Demand for International Media of Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 840-850, December.
- Niehans, Jurg, 1969. "Money in a Static Theory of Optimal Payment Arrangements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 706-726, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2003. "Money As Â€˜Universal Equivalentâ€™ And Its Origin In Commodity Exchange," Working Papers 130, Department of Economics, SOAS University of London, UK.
- Bewley, Truman, 1983.
"A Difficulty with the Optimum Quantity of Money,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1485-1504, September.
- Truman Bewley, 1979. "The Optimum Quantity of Money," Discussion Papers 383, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas Sargent, 1999. "Matlab code for the Bewley model with production," QM&RBC Codes 19, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Mikael Stenkula, 2003. "Carl Menger and the network theory of money," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 587-606.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2002. "The Emergence Of Money In Commodity Exchange, Or Money As Monopolist Of The Ability To Buy," Working Papers 126, Department of Economics, SOAS University of London, UK.
- Philipp J. H. Schroeder, 2001. "Reconsidering Money: Monetary Exchange with Additive Transaction Costs," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 157(2), pages 301-318, June.
- Kevin D. Hoover, 2016.
"The Crisis in Economic Theory: A Review Essay,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1350-1361, December.
- Kevin D. Hoover, 2015. "The Crisis in Economic Theory A Review Essay," Center for the History of Political Economy Working Paper Series 2015-15, Center for the History of Political Economy.
- Minzyuk, Larysa, 2010. "The development of non-monetary means of payment," MPRA Paper 28167, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Lagos, Ricardo & Wright, Randall, 2016. "Introduction to the symposium issue on money and liquidity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-9.
- E. Samanidou & E. Zschischang & D. Stauffer & T. Lux, 2001. "Microscopic Models of Financial Markets," Papers cond-mat/0110354, arXiv.org.
- Peggy E. Swanson, 1983. "Compensating Balances And Foreigners' Dollar Deposits In United States Banks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(3), pages 257-263, September.
- Starr, Ross M., 2002. "Existence of Uniqueness of "Money" in General Equilibrium: Natural Monopoly in the Most Liquid Asset," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt660465rm, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2007.
"The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes--Schumpeter approach,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 101-122, January.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2003. "The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes-Schumpeter approach," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0311, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- J.Stephen Ferris & J. A. Galbraith, 2003. "Could Non-redeemable Money have Evolved Naturally from Commodity Money under Free Banking? – revised version: On Hayek’s Denationalization of Money, Free Banking and Inflation Targeting," Carleton Economic Papers 03-09, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2006.
- José Manuel Gutiérrez, 2001. "Money in Consumption Economies," Vienna Economics Papers vie0105, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Visser, H., 1987. "A survey of recent developments in monetary theory," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Giuseppe Mastromatteo & Luigi Ventura, 2007. "The origin of money: A survey of the contemporary literature," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 54(2), pages 195-224, June.
- Dan Kovenock, 2002.
"Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(2), pages 147-157, April.
- Kovenock, D. & de Vries, C.G., 1995. "Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 310.95, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Kovenock, D. & De Vries, C.G., 1995. "Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1079, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kovenock, Dan & Vries, Casper G. de, 1995. "Fiat exchange in finite economies," Bank of Finland Research Discussion Papers 23/1995, Bank of Finland.
- Seater, John J., 2008. "The Demand for Currency Substitution," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), vol. 2, pages 1-30.
- Sheng, Andrew & Kwek, Kian-Teng & Cho, Cho-Wai, 2009. "A tale of Asian exchange rate management: Romance of the three currencies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 519-535, September.
- Satyendra Kumar Gupta & Ashima Goyal, 2014. "Reserve currencies: Can multiplicity work?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-010, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.