The creation of the Euro and the role of the dollar in international markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan A. Kregel, 2000.
"Can European Banks Survive a Unified Currency in a Nationally Segmented Capital Market?,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_305, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jan A. Kregel, 2000. "Can European Banks Survive a Unified Currency in a Nationally Segmented Capital Market?," Macroeconomics 0004052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karen H. Johnson, 1994. "International dimension of European Monetary Union: implications for the dollar," International Finance Discussion Papers 469, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Clemens J. M. Kool, 2000. "International bond markets and the introduction of the Euro," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- Richard Portes & Hélène Rey, 1998.
"The emergence of the euro as an international currency,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 305-343, April.
- Alogoskoufis, G. & Portes, R. & Rey, H., 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," DELTA Working Papers 97-28, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Richard Portes & Helene Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," NBER Working Papers 6424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Portes, Richard & Rey, Hélène, 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEPR Discussion Papers 1741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G Alogoskoufis & R Portes & H Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEP Discussion Papers dp0388, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980.
"Vehicle Currencies and the Structure of International Exchange,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 513-526, August.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1979. "Vehicle Currencies And the Structure Of International Exchange," NBER Working Papers 0333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Bennett & Kenneth Garbade & John Kambhu, 1999. "Enhancing the Liquidity of U.S. Treasury Securities in an Era of Surpluses," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-083, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1996. "The Role of the Dollar as an International Currency," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 127-136, Spring.
- Magee, Stephen P & Rao, Ramesh K S, 1980. "Vehicle and Nonvehicle Currencies in International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 368-373, May.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2000. "The benchmark U.S. Treasury market: recent performance and possible alternatives," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 129-145.
- Ben-Bassat, Avraham, 1980. "The optimal composition of foreign exchange reserves," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 285-295, May.
- George S. Tavlas, 1997. "The International Use of the US Dollar: An Optimum Currency Area Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(6), pages 709-747, September.
- Garry J. Schinasi & Alessandro Prati, 1997. "European Monetary Union and International Capital Markets; Structural Implications and Risks," IMF Working Papers 97/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Javier Santillán & Marc Bayle & Christian Thygesen, 2000. "The impact of the euro on money and bond markets," Occasional Paper Series 1, European Central Bank.
- Douglas Laxton & Eswar S Prasad, 1997. "Possible Effects of European Monetary Union on Switzerland; A Case Study of Policy Dilemmas Caused by Low Inflation and the Nominal Interest Rate Floor," IMF Working Papers 97/23, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Bennett & Kenneth Barbade & John Kambhu, 2000. "Enhancing the liquidity of U.S. Treasury securities in an era of surpluses," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 89-119.
- Michael P. Dooley & J. Saul Lizondo & Donald J. Mathieson, 1989. "The Currency Composition of Foreign Exchange Reserves," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 385-434, June.
- S.A.B. Page, 1981. "The Choice of Invoicing Currency in Merchandise Trade," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 98(1), pages 60-72, November.
- Paul R Masson & Bart Turtelboom, 1997. "Characteristics of the Euro, the Demand for Reserves, and Policy Coordination Under EMU," IMF Working Papers 97/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1999.
"Legal structure, financial structure, and the monetary policy transmission mechanism,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 9-28.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1999. "Legal Structure, Financial Structure, and the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism," NBER Working Papers 7151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seitz, Franz, 1995. "The circulation of Deutsche Mark abroad," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1995,01e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Peter B. Kenen, 1993. "EMU, Exchange Rates and the International Monetary System," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1993022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Grassman, Sven, 1973. "A fundamental symmetry in international payment patterns," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 105-116, May.
- Philipp Hartmann, 1996. "The Future of the Euro as an International Currency: a Transactions Perspective," FMG Special Papers sp91, Financial Markets Group.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Benoît Mojon & Armand-Denis Schor, 1998. "The International Role of the Euro," Working Papers 1998-03, CEPII research center.
- Richard G. Anderson & Robert H. Rasche, 2000. "The domestic adjusted monetary base," Working Papers 2000-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. G. Malliaris, 2005.
"Global monetary instability: The role of the IMF, the EU and NAFTA,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economic Uncertainty, Instabilities And Asset Bubbles Selected Essays, chapter 20, pages 323-343
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Malliaris, A. G., 2002. "Global monetary instability: The role of the IMF, the EU and NAFTA," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 72-92, May.
- Simpson, Marc W. & Dania, Akash, 2006. "Selectively hedging the Euro," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 27-42, February.
- Grossmann, Axel & Simpson, Marc W., 2015. "Bid-ask spreads, deviations from PPP and the forward prediction error: The case of the British pound and the euro," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 124-139.
- Pompeo Della Posta, 2005. "Fundamentals, International Role of Euro and 'Framing' of Expectations: What are the Determinants of the Dollar/Euro Exchange Rate?," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 24, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
More about this item
KeywordsEuro ; Dollar; American ; Money;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2001:i:may:p:17-36:n:v.83no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.