The optimal composition of foreign exchange reserves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bilson, John F O, 1978. "The Current Experience with Floating Exchange Rates: An Appraisal of the Monetary Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 392-397, May.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Clements, Kenneth W., 1978. "The demand for traded and non-traded goods in the U.S," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 361-364.
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Abel, Andrew & Dornbusch, Rudiger & Huizinga, John & Marcus, Alan, 1979. "Money demand during hyperinflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 97-104, January.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1976. "The Terms of Trade and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 710-716, September.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 397-407.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demarmels, Ricarda & Fischer, Andreas M., 2003.
"Understanding reserve volatility in emerging markets: a look at the long-run,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 145-164, June.
- Demarmels, Ricarda & Fischer, Andreas M, 2003. "Understanding Reserve Volatility in Emerging Markets: A Look at the Long-Run," CEPR Discussion Papers 3908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricarda Demarmels & Andreas Fischer, 2003. "Understanding Reserve Volatility in Emerging Markets: A Look at the Long-Run," Working Papers 03.03, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Roland Beck & Sebastian Weber, 2011.
"Should Larger Reserve Holdings Be More Diversified?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 415-444, December.
- Beck, Roland & Weber, Sebastian, 2010. "Should larger reserve holdings be more diversified?," Working Paper Series 1193, European Central Bank.
- Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "The creation of the Euro and the role of the dollar in international markets," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 17-36.
- David Fernando LOPEZ ANGARITA, 2006. "Nivel óptimo de Reservas Internacionales y crisis cambiaria en Colombia," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 003273, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Terada-Hagiwara, Akiko, 2007. "Do Asian investors rebalance their portfolios and what are the consequences?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 195-216, February.
- Michael P. Leahy, 1994. "The dollar as an official reserve currency under EMU," International Finance Discussion Papers 474, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Fernando López Angarita, 2006. "Nivel de reservas internacionales y riesgo cambiario en Colombia," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(15), pages 117-159, July-Dece.
- Marie Brière & Valérie Mignon & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015.
"Towards Greater Diversification in Central Bank Reserves,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2015-34, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Marie Briere & Valérie Mignon & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2016. "Towards Greater Diversification in Central Bank Reserves," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/232457, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Brière & Valérie Mignon & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2016. "Towards greater diversification in central bank reserves," Post-Print hal-01386021, HAL.
- Marie Briere & Valérie Mignon & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Towards Greater Diversification in Central Bank Reserves," Working Papers CEB 15-051, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ricarda Demarmels & Andreas M. Fischer, 2002. "Understanding Reserve Volatility in Emerging Markets: A Look at the Last Thirty Years," Working Papers 02.02, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Michael Leahy, 1996. "The dollar as an official reserve currency under EMU," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 371-390, October.
- Germaschewski, Yin, 2013. "Reserve financing and government infrastructure investment: An application to China," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 992-1013.
- Beck, Roland & Rahbari, Ebrahim, 2008. "Optimal reserve composition in the presence of sudden stops: the euro and the dollar as safe haven currencies," Working Paper Series 916, European Central Bank.
- Beck, Roland & Rahbari, Ebrahim, 2011. "Optimal reserve composition in the presence of sudden stops," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1107-1127, October.
- Zhang, Bin, 2011. "Is It Desirable for Asian Economies to Hold More Asian Assets in Their Foreign Exchange Reserves?—The People’s Republic of China’s Answer," ADBI Working Papers 306, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:10:y:1980:i:2:p:285-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.