The International Use of the US Dollar: An Optimum Currency Area Perspective
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dellas, Harris & Tavlas, George S., 2001. "Lessons of the euro for dollarization: Analytic and political economy perspectives," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 333-345, April.
- Richard Portes & Hélène Rey, 1998.
"The emergence of the euro as an international currency,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 305-343, April.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Portes, Richard & Rey, Hélène, 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEPR Discussion Papers 1741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alogoskoufis, G. & Portes, R. & Rey, H., 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," DELTA Working Papers 97-28, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Richard Portes & Helene Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," NBER Working Papers 6424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G Alogoskoufis & R Portes & H Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEP Discussion Papers dp0388, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Patricia S. Pollard & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2004. "Size matters: asymmetric exchange rate pass-through at the industry level," Working Papers 2003-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010. "Sand in the Wheels of International Finance: Revisiting the Debate in Light of the East Asian Mayhem," Working Papers id:2686, eSocialSciences.
- Steiner, Andreas, 2014. "Current account balance and dollar standard: Exploring the linkages," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 65-94.
- Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "The creation of the Euro and the role of the dollar in international markets," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 17-36.
- ITO Takatoshi & KOIBUCHI Satoshi & SATO Kiyotaka & SHIMIZU Junko, 2016. "Choice of Invoice Currency in Japanese Trade: Industry and commodity level analysis," Discussion papers 16031, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- He, Qing & Korhonen, Iikka & Guo, Junjie & Liu, Fangge, 2016.
"The geographic distribution of international currencies and RMB internationalization,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 442-458.
- He, Qing & Korhonen, Iikka & Guo, Junjie & Liu, Fangge, 2015. "The geographic distribution of international currencies and RMB internationalization," BOFIT Discussion Papers 20/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Winckler, Georg, 2002.
"Monetary union: European lessons, Latin American prospects,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 297-321, December.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers 68, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 167, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dominick Salvatore, 1998. "International Monetary and Financial Arrangements: Present and Future," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 375-416, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2005. "Sterling's Past, Dollar's Future: Historical Perspectives on Reserve Currency Competition," NBER Working Papers 11336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shabtai Donnenfeld & Alfred A. Haug, 2008. "Currency invoicing of US imports," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 184-198.
- Ozge Senay & Alan Sutherland, 2015.
"Local Currency Pricing, Foreign Monetary Shocks and Exchange Rate Policy,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 633-661, September.
- Senay, Ozge & Sutherland, Alan, 2010. "Local Currency Pricing, Foreign Monetary Shocks and Exchange Rate Policy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-18, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Ozge Senay & Alan Sutherland, 2010. "Local Currency Pricing, Foreign Monetary Shocks and Exchange Rate Policy," CDMA Working Paper Series 201005, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Takatoshi Ito & Satoshi Koibuchi & Kiyotaka Sato & Junko Shimizu, 2010. "Why has the yen failed to become a dominant invoicing currency in Asia? A firm-level analysis of Japanese Exporters' invoicing behavior," NBER Working Papers 16231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi, 2007. "Global monetary policy under a dollar standard," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Chung, Wanyu, 2016.
"Imported inputs and invoicing currency choice: Theory and evidence from UK transaction data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 237-250.
- Wanyu Chung, 2014. "Imported Inputs and Invoicing Currency Choice: Theory and Evidence from UK Transaction Data," Discussion Papers 2014-11, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Kamps, Annette, 2006. "The euro as invoicing currency in international trade," Working Paper Series 665, European Central Bank.
- Kwack, Sung Y., 2005. "Exchange rate and monetary regime options for regional cooperation in East Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 57-75, February.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Darby, Julia & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008.
"US trade and exchange rate volatility: A real sectoral bilateral analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 238-259, March.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Julia Darby & Ronald MacDonald, 2006. "US Trade and Exchange Rate Volatility: A Real Sectoral Bilateral Analysis," Working Papers 2006_9, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- ITO Takatoshi & KOIBUCHI Satoshi & SATO Kiyotaka & SHIMIZU Junko, 2010. "Determinants of Currency Invoicing in Japanese Exports: A firm-level analysis," Discussion papers 10034, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Zhang, Zhaoyong & Sato, Kiyotaka & McAleer, Michael, 2008. "Is Greater China a currency union?," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 319-327.
- Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi, 2010. "Twin dollarization and exchange rate policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 109-121, May.
- Salvatore, Dominick, 2005. "The euro-dollar exchange rate defies prediction," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 455-464, June.
- Idil Goksel, 2004. "Does The Euro Have A Chance to Challenge The Dollar," Working Papers 0401, Izmir University of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:worlde:v:20:y:1997:i:6:p:709-747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.