Policy biases with voters' uncertainty about the economy and the government
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrington, Joseph E, Jr, 1993. "Economic Policy, Economic Performance, and Elections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 27-42, March.
- Alberto Alesina & Alex Cukierman, 1987.
"The Politics of Ambiguity,"
NBER Working Papers
2468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schultz, Christian, 1995.
" The Politics of Persuasion When Voters Are Rational,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 357-68, September.
- : Christian Schultz, . "The Politics of Persuasion when Voters are Rational," Discussion Papers 93-15, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Cukierman, A. & Tommasi, M., 1997.
"When does it take a Nixon to go to China?,"
1997-91, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Christian Schultz, 1996. "Polarization and Inefficient Policies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 331-344.
- In-Koo Cho & David M. Kreps, 1997.
"Signaling Games and Stable Equilibria,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
896, David K. Levine.
- Glazer, Amihai & Gradstein, Mark & Konrad, Kai A, 1998.
"The Electoral Politics of Extreme Policies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1677-85, November.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1990.
"Equilibrium Political Budget Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Christian Schultz, 1998.
"Monetary Policy, Delegation and Polarization,"
98-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Vickers, John, 1986. "Signalling in a Model of Monetary Policy with Incomplete Information," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 443-55, November.
- Wilko Letterie & Otto H. Swank, 1998.
"Economic Policy, Model Uncertainty and Elections,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 85-103, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:46:y:2002:i:3:p:487-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.