The Electoral Politics of Extreme Policies
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Carter, R.A.L. & Srivastava, M.S. & Srivastava, V.K. & Ullah, A., 1990. "Unbiased Estimation of the MSE Matrix of Stein-Rule Estimators, Confidence Ellipsoids, and Hypothesis Testing," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 63-74, March.
- Zellner, Arnold & Hong, Chansik, 1989.
"Forecasting international growth rates using Bayesian shrinkage and other procedures,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 183-202, January.
- Zellner, A. & Hong, C., 1988. "Forecasting International Growth Rates Using Bayesian Shrinkage And Other Procedures," Papers m8802, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Brownstone, David, 1990. "Bootstrapping improved estimators for linear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 171-187.
- Vinod, H. D., 1995. "Double bootstrap for shrinkage estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 287-302, August.
- Garcia-Ferrer, Antonio, et al, 1987. "Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Pooled International Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 53-67, January.
- Min, Chung-ki & Zellner, Arnold, 1993.
"Bayesian and non-Bayesian methods for combining models and forecasts with applications to forecasting international growth rates,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 89-118, March.
- Min, C.K. & Zellner, A., 1992. ""Bayesian and Non-Bayesian Methods for Combining Models and Forecasts with Applications to Forecasting International Growth Rates"," Papers 90-92-23, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Zellner, Arnold & Hong, Chansik & Min, Chung-ki, 1991. "Forecasting turning points in international output growth rates using Bayesian exponentially weighted autoregression, time-varying parameter, and pooling techniques," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 275-304.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zakharov Alexei, 2005. "Candidate location and endogenous valence," EERC Working Paper Series 05-17e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Elie Appelbaum, 2008. "Extremism: Root Causes and Strategic Use in Conflicts," Working Papers 2008_02, York University, Department of Economics.
- Elie Appelbaum & Eliakim Katz, 2007.
"Political extremism in the presence of a free rider problem,"
Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 31-40, October.
- Elie Appelbaum & Eliakim Katz, 2005. "Political extremism in the presence of a free rider problem," Working Papers 2005_3, York University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:sochwe:v:48:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00355-017-1043-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Gil Epstein, 2007.
"Extremism within the family,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(3), pages 707-715, July.
- Gil S. Epstein, 2006. "Extremism within the family," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0606, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Epstein, Gil S., 2006. "Extremism within the Family," IZA Discussion Papers 2199, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hans Gersbach & Philippe Muller & Oriol Tejada, 2017. "A Dynamic Model of Electoral Competition with Costly Policy Changes," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 17/270, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Amihai Glazer, 2008. "Urban Extremism," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 307-318, October.
- S. Sajeesh & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2010. "Positioning and Pricing in a Variety Seeking Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 949-961, June.
- Schultz, Christian, 2002. "Policy biases with voters' uncertainty about the economy and the government," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 487-506, March.
- Kimiko Terai, 2009. "Electoral control over policy-motivated candidates and their policy biases," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, January.
- Egil Matsen & Øystein Thøgersen, 2010.
"Habit formation, strategic extremism, and debt policy,"
Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 165-180, October.
- Egil Matsen & Øystein Thøgersen, 2007. "Habit formation, strategic extremism and debt policy," Working Paper Series 9007, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Egil Matsen & Ã˜ystein ThÃ¸gersen, 2007. "Habit Formation, Strategic Extremism and Debt Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2169, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egil Matsen & ï¿½ystein Thï¿½gersen, 2010. "Habit formation, strategic extremism, and debt policy," IEW - Working Papers 468, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hans Gersbach & Philippe Muller & Oriol Tejada, 2015. "Costs of Change, Political Polarization, and Re-election Hurdles," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 15/222, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Gersbach, Hans & Muller, Philippe & Tejada, Oriol, 2016. "The Effects of Higher Re-election Hurdles and Costs of Policy Change on Political Polarization," CEPR Discussion Papers 11375, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elie Appelbaum, 2006. "Strategic extremism," Working Papers 2006_12, York University, Department of Economics.
- Rajeev K. Tyagi, 2000. "Sequential Product Positioning Under Differential Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 928-940, July.
- repec:ejw:journl:v:12:y:2015:i:2:p:242-259 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elie Appelbaum, 2004. "Union militancy and the probability of strikes," Working Papers 2004_4, York University, Department of Economics.
- Gil S. Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2005. "Lobbying and Compromise," CESifo Working Paper Series 1413, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsELECTIONS; POLITICAL SYSTEMS;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:calirv:94-95-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .