Effects of political institutions on air quality
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Quan-Jing & Feng, Gen-Fu & Chen, Yin E. & Wen, Jun & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2019. "The impacts of government ideology on innovation: What are the main implications?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1232-1247.
- Maria A Cunha-e-Sa & Livia Madureira & Luis Catela Nunes & Vladimir Otrachshenko, 2010. "Protesting or justifying? A latent class model for contingent valuation with attitudinal data," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp547, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Le, Thai-Ha & Chang, Youngho & Park, Donghyun, 2016.
"Governance, Vulnerability to Climate Change, and Green Growth: International Evidence,"
ADB Economics Working Paper Series
500, Asian Development Bank.
- Le, Thai-Ha & Chang, Youngho & Park, Donghyun, 2017. "Governance, vulnerability to climate change, and green growth: International evidence," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-16, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sijeong Lim & Victor Menaldo & Aseem Prakash, 2015. "Foreign aid, economic globalization, and pollution," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 48(2), pages 181-205, June.
- Halkos, George & Paizanos, Epameinondas, 2015. "Environmental Macroeconomics: A critical literature review and future empirical research directions," MPRA Paper 67432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Fiorino, 2011. "Explaining national environmental performance: approaches, evidence, and implications," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 44(4), pages 367-389, November.
- Chang, Chun-Ping & Wen, Jun & Dong, Minyi & Hao, Yu, 2018. "Does government ideology affect environmental pollutions? New evidence from instrumental variable quantile regression estimations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 386-400.
- Thomas Bernauer & Vally Koubi, 2013. "Are bigger governments better providers of public goods? Evidence from air pollution," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(3), pages 593-609, September.
- Fankhauser, Sam & Gennaioli, Caterina & Collins, Murray, 2015. "The political economy of passing climate change legislation: evidence from a survey," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63352, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2017.
"Trade and Environmental Quality in African Countries: Do Institutions Matter?,"
Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 155-172, January.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2012. "Trade and Environmental Quality in African Countries: Do Institutions Matter?," ICER Working Papers 14-2012, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jennis J. BISER & Jeffrey A. EDWARDS, 2012. "Civil Liberties and Access to Water: Analysis of 193 Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1).
- Mohamed Boly, 2018.
"CO 2 mitigation in developing countries: the role of foreign aid,"
- Mohamed BOLY, 2018. "CO2 mitigation in developing countries: the role of foreign aid," Working Papers 201801, CERDI.
- Stepping, Katharina M. K. & Banholzer, Lilli, 2017. "Autocratic angels? Democratic demons? The impact of regime type, state capacity and economic development on reaching environmental targets," Discussion Papers 26/2017, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Miller, Sebastián J. & Vela, Mauricio A., 2013.
"Are Environmental Taxes Affected by Legislatures' Ideological Positions?,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
4629, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sebastian Miller & Mauricio Vela, 2013. "Are Environmental Taxes Affected by Legislatures` Ideological Positions?," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-443, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Roy, Jayjit, 2017.
"On the environmental consequences of intra-industry trade,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 50-67.
- Jayjit Roy, 2015. "On the Environmental Consequences of Intra-Industry Trade," Working Papers 15-01, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2013.
"Carbon dioxide emissions and governance: A nonparametric analysis for the G-20,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 110-118.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "Carbon dioxide emissions and governance: A nonparametric analysis for the G-20," MPRA Paper 40387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jonathan Boston & Frieder Lempp, 2011. "Climate change: Explaining and solving the mismatch between scientific urgency and political inertia," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(8), pages 1000-1021, October.
- Le, Thai-Ha & Chang, Youngho & Park, Donghyun, 2016. "Trade openness and environmental quality: International evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 45-55.
- Aklin, Michaël & Bayer, Patrick & Harish, S.P. & Urpelainen, Johannes, 2013. "Understanding environmental policy preferences: New evidence from Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 28-36.
- Todd A. Eisenstadt & Daniel J. Fiorino & Daniela Stevens, 2019. "National environmental policies as shelter from the storm: specifying the relationship between extreme weather vulnerability and national environmental performance," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 9(1), pages 96-107, March.
- Brännlund Runar & Karimu Amin & Söderholm Patrik, 2017.
"Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions: a parametric and non-parametric analysis,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 19(2), pages 359-390, April.
- Brännlund, Runar & Karimu, Amin & Söderholm, Patrik, 2014. "Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions A parametric and nonparametric analysis," CERE Working Papers 2014:12, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Tim Mennel, 2012. "Fiscal decentralization and Pollution: Institutions Matter," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201222, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Francisca Guedes de Oliveira & Alexandra Leitão, 2012. "Cultural and Political Determinants of Air Quality," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 01, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim & Siong Hook Law, 2016. "Institutional Quality and CO 2 Emission–Trade Relations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(2), pages 323-340, June.
- Matthieu Clement & Andre Meunie, 2010. "Is Inequality Harmful for the Environment? An Empirical Analysis Applied to Developing and Transition Countries," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(4), pages 413-445.
- Hosseini, Hossein Mirshojaeian & Kaneko, Shinji, 2013. "Can environmental quality spread through institutions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 312-321.
- Arminen, Heli & Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2019. "Corruption, climate and the energy-environment-growth nexus," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 621-634.
- Galinato, Gregmar I. & Islam, Asif, 2017.
"The challenge of addressing consumption pollutants with fiscal policy,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(5), pages 624-647, October.
- Gregmar Galinato, "undated". "The Challenge of Addressing Consumption Pollutants with Fiscal Policy," Working Papers 2014-1, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Botetzagias, Iosif & Tsagkari, Marouko & Malesios, Chrisovaladis, 2018. "Is the ‘Troika’ Bad for the Environment? An Analysis of EU Countries' Environmental Performance in Times of Economic Downturn and Austerity Memoranda," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 34-51.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar & Mrabet, Zouhair, 2017. "The impact of economic development and social-political factors on ecological footprint: A panel data analysis for 15 MENA countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 138-154.
- Hassan F. Gholipour & Mohammad Reza Farzanegan, 2018. "Institutions and the effectiveness of expenditures on environmental protection: evidence from Middle Eastern countries," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 20-39, March.
- Kinda, Romuald, 2010.
"Democratic institutions and environmental quality: effects and transmission channels,"
27455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Romuald, Kinda Somlanare, 2011. "Democratic Institutions and Environmental Quality: Effects and Transmission Channels," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120396, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kinda, Somlanare Romuald, 2011. "Democratic Institutions and Environmental Quality: Effects and Transmission Channels," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas & Ursprung, Heinrich, 2018.
"Behavioral determinants of proclaimed support for environment protection policies,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 26-41.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2016. "Behavioral Determinants of Proclaimed Support for Environment Protection Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 5993, CESifo.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2018. "Behavioral determinants of proclaimed support for environment protection policies," ifo Working Paper Series 254, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas & Ursprung, Heinrich, 2018. "Behavioral determinants of proclaimed support for environment protection policies," Munich Reprints in Economics 62845, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- José M. Cansino & Rocio Román-Collado & Juan C. Molina, 2019. "Quality of Institutions, Technological Progress, and Pollution Havens in Latin America. An Analysis of the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-20, July.
- Bernhagen Patrick & Mitchell Neil J. & Thissen-Smits Marianne, 2013. "Corporate citizens and the UN Global Compact: explaining cross-national variations in turnout," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 63-85, March.
- Kountouris, Yiannis & Nakic, Zoran & Sauer, Johannes, 2015. "Political instability and non-market valuation: Evidence from Croatia," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 19-39.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2014.
"Public sector transparency and countries’ environmental performance: A nonparametric analysis,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 19-37.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "Public sector transparency and countries’ environmental performance: A nonparametric analysis," MPRA Paper 39553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Dong-Hyeon & Suen, Yu-Bo & Lin, Shu-Chin, 2019. "Carbon dioxide emissions and trade: Evidence from disaggregate trade data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 13-28.
- Katarzyna Iwińska & Athanasios Kampas & Kerry Longhurst, 2019. "Interactions between Democracy and Environmental Quality: Toward a More Nuanced Understanding," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-17, March.
- Canh Phuc Nguyen & Nhi Ai Nguyen & Christophe Schinckus & Thanh Dinh Su, 2018. "The Ambivalent Role of Institutions in the CO2 Emissions: The Case of Emerging Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(5), pages 7-17.
- Danish, & Baloch, Muhammad Awais & Wang, Bo, 2019. "Analyzing the role of governance in CO2 emissions mitigation: The BRICS experience," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 119-125.
- Alexandra-Anca Purcel, 2019. "Does Political Stability Hinder Pollution? Evidence From Developing States," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 75-98, December.
- Chang, Chun-Ping & Wen, Jun & Zheng, Mingbo & Dong, Minyi & Hao, Yu, 2018. "Is higher government efficiency conducive to improving energy use efficiency? Evidence from OECD countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 65-77.
- Lutz Philip Hecker & Frank Wätzold & Gunther Markwardt, 2018. "Spotlight on Spatial Environmental Policy Spillovers: An Econometric Analysis of Wastewater Treatment in Mexican Municipalities," CESifo Working Paper Series 7251, CESifo.
- Chaikumbung, Mayula & Doucouliagos, Hristos & Scarborough, Helen, 2019. "Institutions, Culture, and Wetland Values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 195-204.
- Lv, Zhike, 2017. "The effect of democracy on CO2 emissions in emerging countries: Does the level of income matter?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 900-906.
- Joshua C. Hall & Christopher Shultz & E. Frank Stephenson, 2018. "The political economy of local fracking bans," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 42(2), pages 397-408, April.
- Wen, Jun & Hao, Yu & Feng, Gen-Fu & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2016. "Does government ideology influence environmental performance? Evidence based on a new dataset," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 232-246.
- Le Hoang Phong & Dang Thi Bach Van & Ho Hoang Gia Bao, 2018. "The Role of Globalization on CO2 Emission in Vietnam Incorporating Industrialization, Urbanization, GDP per Capita and Energy Use," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 275-283.
- Shu-Chen Chang & Hsiao-Fen Chang, 2020. "Same Trade Openness Yet Different Environmental Quality — But Why?," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(01), pages 1-17, April.
- Stefanie Bailer & Mikko Mattila & Gerald Schneider, 2015. "Money Makes the EU Go Round: The Objective Foundations of Conflict in the Council of Ministers," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 437-456, May.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Neumayer, Eric, 2013. "Democracy and climate change policies: Is history important?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 11-19.
- Stefanie Bailer & Florian Weiler, 2015. "A political economy of positions in climate change negotiations: Economic, structural, domestic, and strategic explanations," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 43-66, March.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Markwardt, Gunther, 2018. "Development and pollution in the Middle East and North Africa: Democracy matters," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 350-374.
- de Melo, Conrado Augustus & Jannuzzi, Gilberto de Martino & Bajay, Sergio Valdir, 2016. "Nonconventional renewable energy governance in Brazil: Lessons to learn from the German experience," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 222-234.
- Markwardt, Gunther & Hecker, Lutz & Wätzold, Frank, 2019. "Spotlight on spatial environmental policy spillovers," Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203627, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michaël Aklin, 2016. "Re-exploring the Trade and Environment Nexus Through the Diffusion of Pollution," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 663-682, August.
- You, Wan-Hai & Zhu, Hui-Ming & Yu, Keming & Peng, Cheng, 2015. "Democracy, Financial Openness, and Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Heterogeneity Across Existing Emission Levels," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 189-207.
- Muhammad Haseeb & Muhammad Azam, 0. "Dynamic nexus among tourism, corruption, democracy and environmental degradation: a panel data investigation," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-19.
- Mignamissi, Dieudonné, 2020. "Pollution emission and institutions nexus in Africa," MPRA Paper 99017, University Library of Munich, Germany.