Citations for "Impact of Bt Cotton in China"
by Carl Pray & Danmeng Ma & Jikun Huang & Fangbin Qiao
- Fang, Cheng & Fan, Shenggen, 2002. "Estimating Crop-Specific Production Growth And Sources In China," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19669, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Loppacher, Laura J. & Kerr, William A., 2004. "China'S Regulation Of Biotechnology - Does It Conform To The Wto?," Reports 23938, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade.
- Thirtle, Colin & Beyers, Lindie & Ismael, Yousouf & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003. "Can GM-Technologies Help the Poor? The Impact of Bt Cotton in Makhathini Flats, KwaZulu-Natal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 717-732, April.
- Waibel, Hermann & Pemsl, Diemuth E. & Gutierrez, Andrew P., 2005. "Institutional Constraints for the Success of Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries: The Case of Bt-Cotton in Shandong Province, China," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 25, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Tripp, Robert, 2001. "Can biotechnology reach the poor? The adequacy of information and seed delivery," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 249-264, June.
- van Tongeren, Frank W. & Huang, Jikun, 2004. "China'S Food Economy In The Early 21st Century; Development Of China'S Food Economy And Its Impact On Global Trade And On The Eu," Report Series 29093, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank, 2004. "Biotechnology boosts to crop productivity in China: trade and welfare implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 27-54, October.
- Anderson, Kym & Yao, Shunli, 2002.
"China, GMOs and World Trade in Agricultural and Textile Products,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & Shunli Yao, 2003. "China, Gmos And World Trade In Agricultural And Textile Products," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 157-169, 06.
- Jeffrey Vitale & Marc Ouattarra & Gaspard Vognan, 2011. "Enhancing Sustainability of Cotton Production Systems in West Africa: A Summary of Empirical Evidence from Burkina Faso," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(8), pages 1136, July.
- Greg Traxler, 2004. "The Economic Impacts of Biotechnology-Based Technological Innovations," Working Papers 04-08, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Huang, Jikun & Chen, Ruijian & Qiao, Fangbin & Wu, Kongming, 2015. "Biosafety management and pesticide use in China's Bt cotton production," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 67-75.
- Anderson, Kym & Jackson, Lee Ann, 2004. "Implications of genetically modified food technology policies for Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3411, The World Bank.
- Elaine Liu & JiKun Huang, 2013.
"Risk Preferences and Pesticide Use by Cotton Farmers in China,"
201310920, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Liu, Elaine M. & Huang, JiKun, 2013. "Risk preferences and pesticide use by cotton farmers in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 202-215.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank W., 2003. "Economic Impacts Of Genetically Modified Crops In China," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25883, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mehta, Niti, 2015. "Changing Inter-Sectoral Linkages: Role of Technology Adoption in Agricultural Growth," MPRA Paper 68078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herdt, Robert W., 2001. "Changing Priorities for International Agricultural Research," Distinguished Economist Lectures 7659, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Eaton, Derek J.F. & Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels P., 2006. "The Effects of Strengthened IPR Regimes on the Plant Breeding Sector in Developing Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25455, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels & Eaton, Derek, 2007. "Plant variety protection in developing countries. A report from the field," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 354-371, June.
- Rousselière, Samira & Rousselière, Damien & Ramani, Shyama, 2016. "Innovation Led Alliances: Theory and application to the GM Plant Industry," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235711, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kouser, Shahzad & Qaim, Matin & Abedullah, 2015. "Bt cotton and employment effects for female agricultural laborers in Pakistan: An application of double-hurdle model," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212014, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nielsen, Chantal Pohl & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2002. "Trade in genetically modified food," TMD discussion papers 106, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chen, Ruijian & Huang, Jikun & Qiao, Fangbin, 2013. "Farmers' knowledge on pest management and pesticide use in Bt cotton production in china," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 15-24.
- Marra, Michele C. & Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M., 2002. "The payoffs to agricultural biotechnology: an assessment of the evidence," EPTD discussion papers 87, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wesseler, Justus & Scatasta, Sara & Nillesen, Eleonora, 2007. "The maximum incremental social tolerable irreversible costs (MISTICs) and other benefits and costs of introducing transgenic maize in the EU-15," MPRA Paper 33229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hu, Ruifa & Pray, Carl & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Fan, Cunhui & Zhang, Caiping, 2009. "Reforming intellectual property rights and the Bt cotton seed industry in China: Who benefits from policy reform?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 793-801, June.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 256-267, January.
- Suntornpithug, Pasu & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G., 2009. "Understanding the Adoption of Cotton Biotechnologies in the US: Firm Level Evidence," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(1), January.
- Ramasundaram, P. & Suresh, A. & Samuel, Josily & Wankhade, Shwetal, 2014. "Welfare Gains from Application of First Generation Biotechnology in Indian Agriculture: The Case of Bt Cotton," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 27(1).
- Michel Fok & Weili Liang & Guiyan Wang & Yuhong Wu, 2005. "Differentiated management of GM diffusion in China: Further hampering the self-sufficiency in cereal production?," Post-Print halshs-00008939, HAL.
- Qiao, Fangbin, 2015. "Fifteen Years of Bt Cotton in China: The Economic Impact and its Dynamics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 177-185.
- Nielsen, Chantal Pohl & Thierfelder, Karen & Robinson, Sherman, 2003. "Consumer preferences and trade in genetically modified foods," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 777-794, November.
- Pray, Carl E. & Govindasamy, Ramu & Courtmanche, Ann, 2003.
"The Importance Of Intellectual Property Rights In The International Spread Of Private Sector Agricultural Biotechnology,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22133, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carl E Pray & Ramu Govindasamy & Ann Courtmanche, 2006. "The Importance Of Intellectual Property Rights In The International Spread Of Private Sector Agricultural Biotechnology," The IUP Journal of Agricultural Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 7-20, July.
- Carl E. Pray & Anwar Naseem, 2003. "Biotechnology R&D: Policy options to ensure access and benefits for the poor," Working Papers 03-08, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Qaim, Matin & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Bt Cotton In Argentina: Analyzing Adoption And Farmers' Willingness To Pay," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19710, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Owuor, George & Smale, Melinda & De Groote, Hugo, 2004. "Crop Biotechnology For Africa: Who Will Gain From Bt Maize In Kenya?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20379, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik, 2006. "Channels and policy debate in the globalization-inequality-poverty nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1338-1360, August.
- Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik, 2005. "Channels and Policy Debate in the Globalization-Inequality-Poverty Nexus," Working Paper Series DP2005/08, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G., 2002. "Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 223-238, June.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Rural Poverty and Employment Effects of Bt Cotton in India," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50555, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Demont, Matty & Tollens, Eric, 2001. "Reshaping The Conventional Welfare Economics Framework For Estimating The Economic Impact Of Agricultural Biotechnology In The European Union," Working Papers 31835, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Sydorovych, Olha & Marra, Michele C., 2007. "A Genetically Engineered Crop's Impact on Pesticide Use: A Revealed-Preference Index Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(03), December.
- Nielsen, Chantal Pohl & Thierfelder, Karen & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "Genetically modified foods, trade, and developing countries," TMD discussion papers 77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Galli, Fabrizio & Naseem, Anwar & Singla, Rohit, 2012. "Welfare Effects of Herbicide-Tolerant Rice Adoption in Brazil," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126886, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Baffes, John, 2004. "Cotton : Market setting, trade policies, and issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3218, The World Bank.
- Lalitha N, 2007. "Intellectual Property Protection to Plant Varieties: Issues in Transgenic Cotton Cultivation," Working Papers id:1170, eSocialSciences.
- David Godden, 2000. "GMOs and IP: embodied technological change," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 1179-1182.
- Spielman, David J., 2007. "Pro-poor agricultural biotechnology: Can the international research system deliver the goods?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-204, April.
- Frisvold, George B. & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2008. "The costs and benefits of refuge requirements: The case of Bt cotton," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 87-97, March.
- Qaim, Matin, 2003. "Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2115-2127, December.
- Hautea, Randy A., 2002. "Global Status of Genetically Modified Crops: Current Trends and Prospects," Conference Proceedings 2002 123928, Crawford Fund.
- Frisvold, George & Reeves, Jeanne, 0. "Genetically Modified Crops: International Trade And Trade Policy Effects," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), NiÄŸde University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 3.
- Robert Finger & Nadja El Benni & Timo Kaphengst & Clive Evans & Sophie Herbert & Bernard Lehmann & Stephen Morse & Nataliya Stupak, 2011. "A Meta Analysis on Farm-Level Costs and Benefits of GM Crops," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(5), pages 743, May.