Welfare-enhancing Trade Unions in an Oligopoly with Excessive Entry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marco de Pinto & Laszlo Goerke, 2016. "Welfare-Enhancing Trade Unions in an Oligopoly with Excessive Entry," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201603, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
References listed on IDEAS
- Svejnar, Jan, 1986.
"Bargaining Power, Fear of Disagreement, and Wage Settlements: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1055-1078, September.
- Svejnar, J., 1984. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1984037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SVEJNAR, Jan, 1986. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement, and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 720, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Capuano, Stella & Hauptmann, Andreas & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2014.
"Trade and unions: Can exporters benefit from collective bargaining?,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201424, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Hauptmann, Andreas & Capuano, Stella & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2015. "Trade and unions: Can exporters benefit from collective bargaining?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113019, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Stella Capuano & Andreas Hauptmann & Jans-Jörg Schmerer, 2014. "Trade and Unions: Can Exporters Benefit from Collective Bargaining?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5096, CESifo Group Munich.
- Langenmayr, Dominika & Haufler, Andreas & Bauer, Christian J., 2015.
"Should tax policy favor high- or low-productivity firms?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 18-34.
- Langenmayr, Dominika & Haufler, Andreas & Bauer, Christian J., 2012. "Should tax policy favor high- or low-productivity firms?," Discussion Papers in Economics 14277, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dominika Langenmayr & Andreas Hau fler & Christian J. Bauer, 2013. "Should tax policy favour high or low productivity firms?," Working Papers 1308, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Dominika Langenmayr & Andreas Haufler & Christian J. Bauer, 2012. "Should tax policy favor high- or low-productivity firms?," Working Papers 130, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Dominika Langenmayr & Andreas Haufler & Christian Josef Bauer, 2012. "Should Tax Policy Favor High- or Low-Productivity Firms?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4034, CESifo Group Munich.
- Naylor, Robin A & Soegaard, Christian, 2014. "The Effects of Entry in Oligopoly with Bargained Wages," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arghya Ghosh & Hodaka Morita, 2007. "Free entry and social efficiency under vertical oligopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(2), pages 541-554, June.
- Dewatripont, Mathias, 1987. "Entry deterrence under trade unions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 149-156.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "Trade Unions, Wages and Unemployment: What Can Simple Models Tell Us?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 526-545, November.
- Haucap, Justus & Pauly, Uwe & Wey, Christian, 2001.
"Collective wage setting when wages are generally binding An antitrust perspective,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 287-307, September.
- Justus Haucap & Uwe Pauly & Christian Wey, 2000. "Collective Wage Setting When Wages Are Generally Binding: An Antitrust Perspective," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-01, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Shingo Ishiguro & Laixun Zhao, 2004. "Raising Wages to Deter Entry under Unionization," Discussion Paper Series 155, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Besley, Timothy, 1989. "Commodity taxation and imperfect competition : A note on the effects of entry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 359-367, December.
- Shingo Ishiguro & Laixun Zhao, 2009. "Raising Wages To Deter Entry Into Unionized Markets," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 435-445.
More about this item
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2017-03-19 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2017-03-19 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc16:145498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .