Raising Wages To Deter Entry Into Unionized Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haucap, Justus & Pauly, Uwe & Wey, Christian, 2001.
"Collective wage setting when wages are generally binding An antitrust perspective,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 287-307, September.
- Justus Haucap & Uwe Pauly & Christian Wey, 2000. "Collective Wage Setting When Wages Are Generally Binding: An Antitrust Perspective," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-01, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1983. "Raising Rivals' Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 267-271, May.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- Shingo Ishiguro & Laixun Zhao, 2004. "Raising Wages to Deter Entry under Unionization," Discussion Paper Series 155, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Mezzetti, Claudio & Dinopoulos, Elias, 1991. "Domestic unionization and import competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 79-100, August.
- Pemberton, James, 1988. "A 'Managerial' Model of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 755-771, September.
- Dertouzos, James N & Pencavel, John H, 1981. "Wage and Employment Determination under Trade Unionism: The International Typographical Union," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1162-1181, December.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role Of Investment In Entry-Deterrence," Economic Research Papers 269038, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Mathias Dewatripont, 1988.
"The Impact of Trade Unions on Incentives to Deter Entry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 191-199, Summer.
- Mathias Dewatripont, 1989. "The impact of trade unions on incentives to deter entry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9571, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Dewatripont, Mathias, 1987. "Entry deterrence under trade unions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 149-156.
- Shingo Ishiguro & Yoshimasa Shirai, 1998. "Entry Deterrence in a Unionized Oligopoly," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 49(2), pages 210-221, June.
- Gollier, Christian, 1991. "Wage Differentials, the Insider-Outsider Dilemma, and Entry-Deterrence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 391-408, July.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1968. "Wage Rates as a Barrier to Entry: The Pennington Case in Perspective," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(1), pages 85-116.
- B. Curtis Eaton & Richard G. Lipsey, 1980. "Exit Barriers are Entry Barriers: The Durability of Capital as a Barrier to Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 721-729, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco de Pinto & Laszlo Goerke, 2020.
"Welfare‐enhancing Trade Unions in an Oligopoly with Excessive Entry,"
University of Manchester, vol. 88(1), pages 60-90, January.
- De Pinto, Marco & Goerke, Laszlo, 2016. "Welfare-enhancing Trade Unions in an Oligopoly with Excessive Entry," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145498, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Marco de Pinto & Laszlo Goerke, 2016. "Welfare-Enhancing Trade Unions in an Oligopoly with Excessive Entry," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201603, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Marco de Pinto & Laszlo Goerke, 2019. "Welfare-enhancing trade unions in an oligopoly with excessive entry," CESifo Working Paper Series 7668, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ronald Bachmann & Thomas K. Bauer & Hanna Frings, 2014.
"Minimum Wages as a Barrier to Entry: Evidence from Germany,"
CEIS, vol. 28(3), pages 338-357, September.
- Bachmann, Ronald & Bauer, Thomas K. & Kröger, Hanna, 2012. "Minimum Wages as a Barrier to Entry – Evidence from Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 329, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bachmann, Ronald & Bauer, Thomas K. & Kroeger, Hanna, 2012. "Minimum Wages as a Barrier to Entry: Evidence from Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 6484, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ronald Bachmann & Thomas K. Bauer & Hanna Kröger, 2012. "Minimum Wages as a Barrier to Entry – Evidence from Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 0329, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0329 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jecrev:v:60:y:2009:i:4:p:435-445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/jeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.