Social and Environmental Attributes of Food Products in an Emerging Mass Market : Challenges of Signaling and Consumer Perception, With European Illustrations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Marie Codron & Lucie Siriex & Thomas Reardon, 2006. "Social and environmental attributes of food products in an emerging mass market: Challenges of signaling and consumer perception, with European illustrations," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(3), pages 283-297, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. De Pelsmacker & L. Driesen & G. Rayp, 2003. "Are fair trade labels good business ? Ethics and coffee buying intentions," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/165, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Spencer Henson & Bruce Traill, 2000. "Measuring Perceived Performance of the Food System and Consumer Food-Related Welfare," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 388-404.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Roberts, James A. & Bacon, Donald R., 1997. "Exploring the Subtle Relationships between Environmental Concern and Ecologically Conscious Consumer Behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 79-89, September.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Koekoek, Freek Jan, 2003. "The State of Sustainable Coffee: A Study of Twelve Major Markets," MPRA Paper 17172, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blend, Jeffrey R. & van Ravenswaay, Eileen O., 1998. "Consumer Demand For Ecolabeled Apples: Survey Methods And Descriptive Results," Staff Papers 11645, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Laura Raynolds, 2000. "Re-embedding global agriculture: The international organic and fair trade movements," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 17(3), pages 297-309, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marius Chevallier & Julien Dellier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard, 2014.
"Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle,"
Géographie, économie, société,
Lavoisier, vol. 16(3), pages 339-362.
- Marius Chevallier & Julien Dellier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard, 2013. "Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle," Working Papers hal-00921140, HAL.
- Marius Chevallier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard & Julien Dellier, 2013. "Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle," Post-Print hal-00959030, HAL.
- von Meyer-Höfer, Marie & Spiller, Achim, 2014. "“Sustainability” a semi-globalisable concept for international food marketing - Consumer expectations regarding sustainable food – An explorative survey in industrialised and emerging countries," Discussion Papers 182513, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Giovannucci, Daniele, 2008. "How New Agrifood Standards are Affecting Trade," MPRA Paper 17203, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kellou, Imene, 2014. "Alternative Food Systems: The Case of Agri-food SMEs," 2014 International European Forum, February 17-21, 2014, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 199345, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Dawn D. Thilmany McFadden & Amanda R. Smith, 2009. "Does altruism play a role in determining U.S. consumer preferences and willingness to pay for natural and regionally produced beef?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 268-285.
- Sylvaine Poret, 2007. "Les défis du commerce équitable dans l'hémisphère Nord," Working Papers hal-00243061, HAL.
- van Wijk, J.C.A.C. & Danse, M. & van Tulder, R.J.M., 2008. "Making Retail Supply Chains Sustainable: Upgrading Opportunities for Developing Country Suppliers under Voluntary Quality Standards," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-080-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Marion Maignan, 2014. "The collective interest cooperative company (SCIC), a social innovation : performativity of alternative models in the third sector organizations," Post-Print halshs-01468643, HAL.
- Meyer-Höfer, Marie von & Spiller, Achim, 2015. ""Sustainability" a semi-globalisable concept for international food marketing: Consumer expectations regarding sustainable food," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202747, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schiller, Frank, 2009. "Linking material and energy flow analyses and social theory," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1676-1686, April.
- Marion Maignan, 2014. "Innovation sociale et formation du prix juste au sein d’une filière courte alimentaire. Le cas de la SCIC Alter-Conso," Post-Print halshs-01468435, HAL.
- Sidali, Katia Laura & Spiller, Achim & von Meyer-Hofer, Marie, 2016. "Consumer Expectations Regarding Sustainable Food: Insights from Developed and Emerging Markets," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(3).
- Gaëlle Balineau & Ivan Dufeu, 2010. "Are Fair Trade Goods Credence Goods? A New Proposal, with French Illustrations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 331-345, April.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer perception; Ethical trade; Fair trade; Integrated agriculture; Organic agriculture; Organization; Quality signals;
- L - Industrial Organization
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-12-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-12-14 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0512002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .