What do Corporations have to do with Fair Trade? Positive and Normative Analysis from a Value Chain Perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sally Smith & Stephanie Barrientos, 2005. "Fair trade and ethical trade: are there moves towards convergence?," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 190-198.
- LeClair, Mark S., 2002. "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 949-958, June.
- William Low & Eileen Davenport, 2005. "Postcards from the edge: maintaining the 'alternative' character of fair trade," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 143-153.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:357069 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Dolan & John Humphrey, 2004. "Changing governance patterns in the trade in fresh vegetables between Africa and the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(3), pages 491-509, March.
- Redfern, Andy. & Snedker, Paul., 2002. "Creating market opportunities for small enterprises : experiences of the fair trade movement," ILO Working Papers 993570693402676, International Labour Organization.
- Peter Leigh Taylor & Douglas L. Murray & Laura T. Raynolds, 2005. "Keeping trade fair: governance challenges in the fair trade coffee initiative," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 199-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anne Tallontire & Maggie Opondo & Valerie Nelson & Adrienne Martin, 2011. "Beyond the vertical? Using value chains and governance as a framework to analyse private standards initiatives in agri-food chains," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(3), pages 427-441, September.
- Darryl Reed & Bob Thomson & Ian Hussey & Jean-Frédéric LeMay, 2010. "Developing a Normatively Grounded Research Agenda for Fair Trade: Examining the Case of Canada," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 151-179, April.
- Allison Loconto & Emmanuel Simbua, 2012. "Making Room for Smallholder Cooperatives in Tanzanian Tea Production: Can Fairtrade Do That?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(4), pages 451-465, July.
- Childs, John, 2014. "A new means of governing artisanal and small-scale mining? Fairtrade gold and development in Tanzania," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 128-136.
- Daniel Jaffee & Philip H. Howard, 2016. "Who’s the fairest of them all? The fractured landscape of U.S. fair trade certification," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(4), pages 813-826, December.
- Peter Griffiths, 2012. "Ethical Objections to Fairtrade," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 357-373, February.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:35:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9822-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khuram Shahzad & Ilkka Sillanpaa, 2013. "The Role of Fair Trade in Developing Corporate Social Responsibility: An Empirical Examination Based on Multiple Cases," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, ToKnowPress.
- Staricco, Juan Ignacio, 2017. "Transforming or Reproducing Conventional Socioeconomic Relations? Introducing a Regulationist Framework for the Assessment of Fairtrade," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 206-218.
- Curtis Child, 2015. "Mainstreaming and its Discontents: Fair Trade, Socially Responsible Investing, and Industry Trajectories," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 601-618, September.
- Katri Karjalainen & Claire Moxham, 2013. "Focus on Fairtrade: Propositions for Integrating Fairtrade and Supply Chain Management Research," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 267-282, August.
- Sadaat Ali Yawar & Stefan Seuring, 2017. "Management of Social Issues in Supply Chains: A Literature Review Exploring Social Issues, Actions and Performance Outcomes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(3), pages 621-643, March.
- Salla Laasonen & Martin Fougère & Arno Kourula, 2012. "Dominant Articulations in Academic Business and Society Discourse on NGO–Business Relations: A Critical Assessment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(4), pages 521-545, September.
- Philip H. Howard & Daniel Jaffee, 2013. "Tensions Between Firm Size and Sustainability Goals: Fair Trade Coffee in the United States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Alex Nicholls & Benjamin Huybrechts, 2016. "Sustaining Inter-organizational Relationships Across Institutional Logics and Power Asymmetries: The Case of Fair Trade," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(4), pages 699-714, June.
- Benjamin Huybrechts, 2010. "Fair Trade Organizations in Belgium: Unity in Diversity?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 217-240, April.
- Peter Griffiths, 2015. "Marketing by Controlling Social Discourse: The Fairtrade Case," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 256-271, June.
- Khumon Prapanpong, 2012. "Microtrade and the Fair Trade Movement," The Law and Development Review, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 50-79, May.
More about this item
Keywordsfair trade; value chain; commodity chain; corporate social responsibility; social economy; co-operatives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:86:y:2009:i:1:p:3-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.