Underground Activity And Institutional Change: Productive, Protective And Predatory Behavior In Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feige, E.L., 1991. "Socialist Privatization," Papers 1a, United Nations World Employment Programme-.
- Feige, Edgar L., 1990.
"Defining and estimating underground and informal economies: The new institutional economics approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 989-1002, July.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "Defining And Estimating Underground And Informal Economies: The New Institional Economics Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0312003, EconWPA.
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:47:y:1995:i:4:p:555-589 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Vito Tanzi, 1994. "Corruption, Governmental Activities, and Markets," IMF Working Papers 94/99, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- François Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2009.
"Polish Households' Behavior in the Regular and Informal Economies,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(5), pages 1181-1210.
- François Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2009. "Polish households' behavior in the regular and informal economies," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09017, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- François Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2009. "Polish Households' behavior in the Regular and Informal Economies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00375543, HAL.
- François Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2009. "Polish Households' Behavior in the Regular and Informal Economies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00449447, HAL.
- K.P. Kannan & N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2001. "The political economy of public utilities: A study of the power sector," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 316, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- World Bank, 2003. "Bosnia and Herzegovina : Poverty Assessment, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14693, The World Bank.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita G??rxhani, 2005.
"Formation of social capital in Central and Eastern Europe: Understanding the gap vis-??-vis developed countries,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp766, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Gërxhani, Klarita, 2005. "Formation of Social Capital in Central and Eastern Europe: Understanding the Gap Vis-a-Vis Developed Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roberto Dell'Anno & Adalgiso Amendola, 2008. "Istituzioni, Diseguaglianza ed Economia Sommersa: quale relazione?," Quaderni DSEMS 24-2008, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:355192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sabine Bernabe, 2002. "Informal Employment in Countries in Transition: A conceptual framework," CASE Papers case56, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Smajgl, 2007. "Modelling evolving rules for the use of common-pool resources in an agent-based model," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 5(2), pages 56-80.
- Alexander Smajgl, 2004. "Modelling the effect of learning and evolving rules on the use of common-pool resources," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 178, Society for Computational Economics.
- McAllister, Ryan R.J. & Smajgl, Alex & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2007. "Forest logging and institutional thresholds in developing south-east Asian economies: A conceptual model," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 1079-1089, May.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernabe, Sabine, 2002. "Informal employment in countries in transition: a conceptual framework," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6389, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gerxhani, Klarita & Schram, Arthur, 2006. "Tax evasion and income source: A comparative experimental study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 402-422, June.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrimihaja, Noro Aina & Cinyabuguma, Matthias & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 2011. "Avoiding the fragility trap in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5884, The World Bank.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Gërxhani, Klarita, 2008.
"Mind the gap! Social capital, East and West,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-286, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gerxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp888, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gërxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-10, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Klarita Gërxhani, 2007. "“Did You Pay Your Taxes?” How (Not) to Conduct Tax Evasion Surveys in Transition Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 80(3), pages 555-581, February.
- Ekaterina Vostroknutova, 2003.
"Shadow Economy, Rent-Seeking Activities and the Perils of Reinforcement of the Rule of Law,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2003-578, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ekaterina VOSTROKNUTOVA, 2003. "Shadow Economy, Rent-Seeking Activities and the Perils of Reinforcement of the Rule of Law," Economics Working Papers ECO2003/09, European University Institute.
- Pillai N., Vijayamohanan, 2008. "Power Sector Reform: Some Lessons for Kerala," MPRA Paper 12334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordstransition economies; underground economies; institutions; property rights; transaction costs; tax evasion; corruption; rent seeking.;
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0305001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.