Mines, migration and HIV/AIDS in southern Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Emily Oster, 2012.
"Routes Of Infection: Exports And Hiv Incidence In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(5), pages 1025-1058, October.
- Emily Oster, 2007. "Routes of Infection: Exports and HIV Incidence in Sub-Saharan Africa," NBER Working Papers 13610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:11:1521-1525_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pascaline Dupas, 2011.
"Do Teenagers Respond to HIV Risk Information? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-34, January.
- Pascaline Dupas, 2009. "Do Teenagers Respond to HIV Risk Information? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 14707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Walque, Damien, 2007.
"How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment? Evidence from rural Uganda,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 686-714, November.
- De Walque, Damien, 2004. "How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment ? Evidence from rural Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3289, The World Bank.
- Damien de Walque, 2007. "Sero-Discordant Couples in Five African Countries: Implications for Prevention Strategies," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(3), pages 501-523.
- Damien de Walque, 2009. "Does Education Affect HIV Status? Evidence from five African Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 209-233, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yao, Yao, 2016. "Fertility and HIV risk in Africa," Working Paper Series 5342, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene, 2013. "The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 90-96.
- Andreas Kotsadam & Anja Tolonen, 2013. "Mineral Mining and Female Employment," OxCarre Working Papers 114, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson, 2013. "HIV Risk and Adolescent Behaviors in Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 433-438, May.
- Ibrahim Kasirye, 2016.
"HIV/AIDS Sero-prevalence and Socio-economic Status: Evidence from Uganda,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 28(3), pages 304-318, September.
- Kasirye, Ibrahim, 2013. "HIV/AIDS sero-prevalence and socioeconomic status: Evidence from Uganda," Research Series 148952, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Kotsadam, Andreas & Tolonen, Anja, 2016. "African Mining, Gender, and Local Employment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 325-339.
- de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim, 2014.
"The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 33-42.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation Policies; HIV AIDS; Disease Control&Prevention; Gender and Health; Gender and Law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-02-20 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-02-20 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-02-20 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2012-02-20 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-02-20 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .