The HIV Epidemic in Four African Countries Seen through the Demographic and Health Surveys
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanzi, Vito, 1986. "Fiscal Policy Responses to Exogenous Shocks in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 88-91, May.
- Lane, Philip R & Tornell, Aaron, 1996. "Power, Growth, and the Voracity Effect," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 213-241, June.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Kenneth M. Miranda, 1991. "Commodity Booms and Government Expenditure Responses," IMF Working Papers 91/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1996. "Political Business Cycles and Fiscal Policies in Developing Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 155-170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9522 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Gersovitz, 2011. "Infectious Diseases: Responses to the Security Threat Without Borders," Chapters,in: Security and Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Glick & David E. Sahn, 2008. "Are Africans Practicing Safer Sex? Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys for Eight Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 397-439.
- Corno, Lucia & de Walque, Damien, 2007. "The determinants of HIV infection and related sexual behaviors : evidence from Lesotho," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4421, The World Bank.
- Mika Ueyama & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2009.
"Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: evidence from malawi,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Ueyama, Mika & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2008. "Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: Evidence from Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 764, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eva Deuchert, 2011.
"The Virgin HIV Puzzle: Can Misreporting Account for the High Proportion of HIV Cases in Self-reported Virgins?,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(1), pages 60-89, January.
- Deuchert, Eva, 2008. "The Virgin HIV Puzzle: Can misreporting account for the high proportion of HIV cases in self-reported virgins?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 10, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Eva Deuchert, 2010. "The Virgin HIV Puzzle: Can Misreporting Account for the High Proportion of HIV Cases in Self-Reported Virgins?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2010 2010-24, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Ibrahim Kasirye, 2016.
"HIV/AIDS Sero-prevalence and Socio-economic Status: Evidence from Uganda,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 28(3), pages 304-318, September.
- Kasirye, Ibrahim, 2013. "HIV/AIDS sero-prevalence and socioeconomic status: Evidence from Uganda," Research Series 148952, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- James A. Levinsohn & Taryn Dinkelman & Rolang Majelantle, 2006.
"When Knowledge is not Enough: HIV/AIDS Information and Risky Behavior in Botswana,"
NBER Working Papers
12418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taryn Dinkelman & James Levinsohn & Rolang Majelantle, 2006. "When Knowledge Is Not Enough: HIV/AIDS Information and Risky Behavior In Botswana," Working Papers 553, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2007. "Marriage, schooling, and excess mortality in prime-age adults: Evidence from South Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 691, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Beegle, Kathleen & de Walque, Damien, 2009. "Demographic and socioeconomic patterns of HIV/AIDS prevalence in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5076, The World Bank.
- de Walque, Damien, 2006. "Who gets AIDS and how ? The determinants of HIV infection and sexual behaviors in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, and Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3844, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2009. "Swaziland - HIV Prevention Response and Modes of Transmission Analysis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3046, The World Bank.
- Pedro de Araujo, 2008. "Socio-Economic Status, HIV/AIDS Knowledge and Stigma, and Sexual Behavior in India," Caepr Working Papers 2008-019_updated, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:14:y:2005:i:2:p:191-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .