The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Felton, Andrew & Reinhart, Carmen M. (ed.), 2009.
"The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century Part II: June–December, 2008,"
Centre for Economic Policy Research, number p199.
- Felton, Andrew & Reinhart, Carmen M. (ed.), 2008. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century Part I: August 2007-May 2008," Vox eBooks, Centre for Economic Policy Research, number p187.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2008. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century," MPRA Paper 11862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2009. "The first global financial crisis of the 21st century,Part II: Introduction," MPRA Paper 13607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2009. "The first global financial crisis of the 21st century: Part II, June-December, 2008," MPRA Paper 13604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2008. "The first global financial crisis of the 21st century: Introduction," MPRA Paper 13288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Dollar & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007.
"Das (Wasted) Kapital; Firm Ownership and Investment Efficiency in China,"
IMF Working Papers
07/9, International Monetary Fund.
- David Dollar & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007. "Das (Wasted) Kapital: Firm Ownership and Investment Efficiency in China," NBER Working Papers 13103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars Jonung, 2008. "Lessons from Financial Liberalisation in Scandinavia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 50(4), pages 564-598, December.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010.
"The Developing World is Poorer than We Thought, But No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4703, The World Bank.
- Frank Heinemann, 2008. "Escaping from a Combination of Liquidity Trap and Credit Crunch," CESifo Working Paper Series 2450, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tennant, David, 2011. "Factors impacting on whether and how businesses respond to early warning signs of financial and economic turmoil: Jamaican firms in the global crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 472-491, September.
- Ziesemer, Thomas H.W., 2010.
"The impact of the credit crisis on poor developing countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1230-1245, September.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2009. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration," MERIT Working Papers 026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2010. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries and the Role of China in Pulling and Crowding Us Out," MERIT Working Papers 004, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Filiz AGAOGLU, 2013. "Impact Of The International Financial Crisis On The Garantibank In Turkey And Romania," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 13-27, October.
- Arjan de Haan, 2010. "The Financial Crisis and Chinaâ€™s â€œHarmonious Societyâ€," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 39(2), pages 69-99.
- Cristina Tănăsescu, 2009. "The Global Financial Crisis: Some Special Features, Possible Responses," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 4(3), pages 97-102, September.
- Arjan de Haan, 2010. "A defining moment? China's social policy response to the financial crisis," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 758-771.
- Hadeel Yaseen & Ghassan Omet & Morad Abdel-Halim, 2015. "The 2008 Global Financial Crisis: The Case of a Market with Consistent Losses Ever Since," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(1), pages 8-19.
- John Weeks, 2009. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on The Economy of Sierra Leone," Country Study 18, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crisis; developing countries; development finance; financial development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-02-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-02-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2009-02-22 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2009-02-22 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-PKE-2009-02-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2009-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.