Impact Of The International Financial Crisis On The Garantibank In Turkey And Romania
A crisis can be defined as “a high degree of instability and carries the potential for negative results that can endanger the continuity of the organization” (Klann, Gene, 2003, p. 4) or other way round, a crisis represents a status of threat, urgency, and uncertainty (Boin et al., 2009). The purpose of this study is to gain better understanding of bank’s situation in the time of an international financial crisis in different countries. The objective of the study is to find out how Garantibank faces the international financial crisis in Turkey and at the same time in Romania. The story of Garantibank's crisis in Turkey and Romania is presented. An empirical data for two cases of Garantibank: Garantibank in Turkey and Garantibank in Romania, which have been collected through interviews, statistics, organizational documents, are presented.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dooley, Michael & Hutchison, Michael, 2009.
"Transmission of the U.S. subprime crisis to emerging markets: Evidence on the decoupling-recoupling hypothesis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1331-1349, December.
- Michael P. Dooley & Michael M. Hutchison, 2009. "Transmission of the U.S. Subprime Crisis to Emerging Markets: Evidence on the Decoupling-Recoupling Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 15120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shimon Udovik, 2011. "Fear and Anxiety: effective managerial tools or harmful and jeopardizing factors?," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 5(1), pages 1-12, November.
- Bezemer, D.J., 2009. "No one saw this coming. Understanding financial crisis through accounting models," Research Report 09002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:09002 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmj:networ:y:2013:i:2:p:13-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Serghie Dan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.