“No One Saw This Coming”: Understanding Financial Crisis Through Accounting Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Fontana & Bill Gerrard, 2002. "The Significance of the Monetary Context of Economic Behavior," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 60(2), pages 243-262.
- Das Dilip K., 2006. "Globalization in the World of Finance: An Analytical History," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Wynne Goldey & Marc Lavoie, 2007.
"Fiscal policy in a stock-flow consistent (SFC) model,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 79-100.
- Wynne Godley & Marc Lavoie, 2007. "Fiscal Policy in a Stock-Flow Consistent (SFC) Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_494, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dean Baker, 2002. "The Run-up in Home Prices: A Bubble," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 93-119.
- Baumol, William J, 1977. "Say's (at Least) Eight Laws, or What Say and James Mill May Really Have Meant," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(174), pages 145-161, May.
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2000. "Post Keynesians and Circuitists on Money and Uncertainty: An Attempt at Generality," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 27-48, September.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004. "Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Jordan, J S, 1989. "The Economics of Accounting Information Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 140-145, May.
- Steve Keen, 1995. "Finance and Economic Breakdown: Modeling Minsky’s “Financial Instability Hypothesis”," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 607-635, July.
- Hopwood, Anthony G., 2009. "Exploring the interface between accounting and finance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 549-550, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strizhichenko Konstantin A., 2013. "Title," The Problems of Economy, RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS of NAS (KHARKIV, UKRAINE), issue 2, pages 20-24.
- Srinivas Yanamandra, 2014. "Minsky, Monetary Policy, and Mint Street: Challenges for the Art of Monetary Policymaking in Emerging Economies," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_820, Levy Economics Institute.
- Tim Jackson & Peter Victor & Asjad Naqvi, 2016. "Towards a Stock-Flow Consistent Ecological Macroeconomics," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 114, WWWforEurope.
- Steve Keen, 2013. "Predicting the ‘Global Financial Crisis’: Post-Keynesian Macroeconomics," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(285), pages 228-254, June.
- Keen, Steve, 2013. "A monetary Minsky model of the Great Moderation and the Great Recession," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 221-235.
- Verick, Sher. & Islam, Iyanatul., 2010. "The great recession of 2008-2009 : causes, consequences and policy responses," ILO Working Papers 994576933402676, International Labour Organization.
- Adamopoulou, Effrosyni & Tanzi, Giulia M., 2014. "Academic Performance and the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 54913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2015. "Family background and university dropouts during the crisis: the case of Italy," Working Papers 169, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Effrosyni Adamopoulou & Giulia Martina Tanzi, 2017. "Academic Drop-Out and the Great Recession," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 35-71.
- Tim Jackson & Ben Drake & Peter Victor & Kurt Kratena & Mark Sommer, 2014. "Literature review and model development," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 65, WWWforEurope.
- Martin Janicko, 2015. "Mainstream Versus Heterodox View on Financial Innovation," International Journal of Economic Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Martin Janíčko, 2012. "Financial Innovations and Economic Fluctuation from the Present Perspective," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(6), pages 18-33.
- Lukáš Kovanda, 2011.
"Ekonomie budoucnosti: čtyři možné scénáře
[The Future of Economics: Four Possible Scenarios]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(6), pages 743-758.
- James J. Wayne, 2015. "Predicting Major Economic Events with Accuracy: A New Framework for Scientific Macroeconomic Models," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 74(2), pages 419-456, March.
More about this item
Keywordscredit crisis; recession; prediction; macroeconomics; flow of funds; financialization; neoclassical economics; accounting research;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .