The Impact of Property Condition Disclosure Laws on Housing Prices: Evidence from an Event Study using Propensity Scores
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anupam Nanda & Stephen Ross, 2012. "The Impact of Property Condition Disclosure Laws on Housing Prices: Evidence from an Event Study Using Propensity Scores," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 88-109, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Judith Clarke & Nilanjana Roy & Marsha Courchane, 2009.
"On the robustness of racial discrimination findings in mortgage lending studies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(18), pages 2279-2297.
- Judith A. Clarke & Marsha J. Courchane & Nilanjana Roy, 2005. "On the Robustness of Racial Discrimination Findings in Mortgage Lending Studies," Econometrics Working Papers 0516, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Franz Fuerst, 2005. "Exogenous shocks and real estate rental markets: An event study of the 9/11 attacks and their impact on the New York office market," Finance 0509008, EconWPA.
- Chris Veld & Yulia V. Veld-Merkoulova, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of the Stockholder-Bondholder Conflict in Corporate Spin-Offs," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 103-124, March.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kallal, Hedi D., 1997. "Thin Markets, Asymmetric Information, and Mortgage-Backed Securities," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 64-86, January.
- Michael J. Fishman & Kathleen M. Hagerty, 2003. "Mandatory Versus Voluntary Disclosure in Markets with Informed and Uninformed Customers," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 45-63, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Anupam Nanda, 2008.
"Property Condition Disclosure Law: Why Did States Mandate ‘Seller Tell All’?,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 131-146, August.
- Anupam Nanda, 2006. "Property Condition Disclosure Law: Why Did States Mandate 'Seller Tell All'?," Working papers 2006-16, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Bittner, Thomas, 2005. "An event study of the Rhenish-Westphalian Coal Syndicate," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 337-364, December.
- Heckman, J.J. & Hotz, V.J., 1988.
"Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods For Estimating The Impact Of Social Programs: The Case Of Manpower Training,"
University of Chicago - Economics Research Center
88-12, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- James J. Heckman, 1989. "Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods for Estimating the Impact of Social Programs: The Case of Manpower Training," NBER Working Papers 2861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norman Miller & Liang Peng, 2006. "Exploring Metropolitan Housing Price Volatility," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 5-18, August.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Miyajima, Hideaki & Yafeh, Yishay, 2007. "Japan's banking crisis: An event-study perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2866-2885, September.
- James C. Brau & Andrew Holmes, 2006. "Why Do REITs Repurchase Stock? Extricating the Effect of Managerial Signaling in Open Market Share Repurchase Announcements," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(1), pages 1-24.
- Order, Robert Van, 2006. "A Model of Financial Structure and Financial Fragility," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 565-585, April.
- Shaffer Brian & Ostas Daniel T., 2001. "Exploring the Political Economy of Consumer Legislation: The Development of Automobile Lemon Laws," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Davis, Morris A. & Gallin, Joshua & Martin, Robert F., 2009. "What moves housing markets: A variance decomposition of the rent-price ratio," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 90-102, September.
- Slottje, Daniel J. & Millimet, Daniel L. & Buchanan, Michael J., 2007. "Econometric analysis of copyrights," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 303-317, August.
- Shaffer, Brian & Ostas, Daniel T., 2001. "Exploring the Political Economy of Consumer Legislation: The Development of Automobile Lemon Laws," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 65-76, April.
- Richard D. Evans & Phillip T. Kolbe, 2005. "Homeowners? Repeat-Sale Gains, Dual Agency and Repeated Use of the Same Agent," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 27(3), pages 267-292.
- Thomas W. Gilligan, 2004. "Lemons and Leases in the Used Business Aircraft Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 1157-1186, October.
- John D. Benjamin & Peter T. Chinloy, 2000. "Pricing, Exposure and Residential Listing Strategies," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 62-74.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spenser J. Robinson & Andrew R. Sanderford, 2016. "Green Buildings: Similar to Other Premium Buildings?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 99-116, February.
- Andres Jauregui & Alan Tidwell & Diane Hite, 2017. "Sample Selection Approaches to Estimating House Price Cash Differentials," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 117-137, January.
- K. W. Chau & Lennon H. T. Choy, 2011. "Let the Buyer or Seller Beware: Measuring Lemons in the Housing Market under Different Doctrines of Law Governing Transactions and Information," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages 347-365.
- Seshimo, Hiroyuki, 2014. "Adverse selection versus hold up: Tenure choice, tenancy protection and equilibrium in housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 39-55.
- Lee, Sanghoon & Ries, John & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2013. "Repairs under imperfect information," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 43-56.
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:167-185 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Vliet, Olaf & Been, Jim & Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees, 2011. "Pension reform and income inequality among the elderly in 15 European countries," MPRA Paper 32940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsProperty Condition Disclosure; Housing Price Index; Propensity Score Matching; Event Study;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-10-13 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAW-2008-10-13 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2008-10-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2008-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.