Lemons and Leases in the Used Business Aircraft Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert H. Porter & Peter Sattler, 1999. "Patterns of Trade in the Market for Used Durables: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabel, Oliver & Lehmann, Erik E., 2000. "Adverse selection and the economic limits of market substitution: An application to e-commerce and traditional trade in used cars," Discussion Papers, Series I 302, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Igal Hendel, 1999. "Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1097-1115, December.
- Genesove, David, 1993. "Adverse Selection in the Wholesale Used Car Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 644-665, August.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Preyas Desai & Devavrat Purohit, 1998. "Leasing and Selling: Optimal Marketing Strategies for a Durable Goods Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-2), pages 19-34, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Gavazza, 2011.
"Leasing and Secondary Markets: Theory and Evidence from Commercial Aircraft,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(2), pages 325-377.
- Gavazza, Alessandro, 2010. "Leasing and Secondary Markets: Theory and Evidence from Commercial Aircraft," MPRA Paper 28821, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gregory F Udell, 2015. "SME Access to Intermediated Credit: What Do We Know and What Don't We Know?," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Angus Moore & John Simon (ed.), Small Business Conditions and Finance Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Sjögren, Tomas & Witterblad, Mikael, 2008. "Optimal Taxation and Asymmetric Information in an Economy with Second-Hand Trade," Umeå Economic Studies 732, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Gavazza & Alessandro Lizzeri & Nikita Roketskiy, 2014.
"A Quantitative Analysis of the Used-Car Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(11), pages 3668-3700, November.
- Gavazza, Alessandro & Lizzeri, Alessandro & Rokestkiy, Nikita, 2012. "A quantitative analysis of the used-car market," MPRA Paper 38414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gavazza, Alessandro & Lizzeri, Alessandro & Roketskiy, Nikita, 2014. "A quantitative analysis of the used-car market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55720, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nikita Roketskiy & Alessandro Lizzeri & Alessandro Gavazza, 2012. "A Quantitative Analysis of the Used Car Market," 2012 Meeting Papers 173, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arif Sultan, 2010. "A model of the used car market with lemons and leasing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(28), pages 3619-3627.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Svensson, Roger, 2009.
"Creative Destruction and Productive Preemption,"
Working Paper Series
799, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 12 Sep 2014.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Svensson, Roger, 2011. "Creative Destruction and Productive Preemption," CEPR Discussion Papers 8281, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pehr-Johan Norbäck & Lars Persson & Roger Svensson, 2013. "Creative Destruction and Productive Preemption," CESifo Working Paper Series 4075, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raghunath Singh Rao & Om Narasimhan & George John, 2009. "Understanding the Role of Trade-Ins in Durable Goods Markets: Theory and Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 950-967, 09-10.
- Anupam Nanda & Stephen Ross, 2012.
"The Impact of Property Condition Disclosure Laws on Housing Prices: Evidence from an Event Study Using Propensity Scores,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 88-109, June.
- Anupam Nanda & Stephen L. Ross, 2008. "The Impact of Property Condition Disclosure Laws on Housing Prices: Evidence from an Event Study using Propensity Scores," Working papers 2008-39, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Andrea L. Eisfeldt & Adriano A. Rampini, 2009.
"Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 1621-1657, April.
- Andrea Eisfeldt & Adriano Rampini, 2006. "Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity," 2006 Meeting Papers 461, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Adriano Rampini & Andrea Eisfeldt, 2007. "Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity," Working Papers 07-19, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2005. "A more complete conceptual framework for financing of small and medium enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3795, The World Bank.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2006. "A more complete conceptual framework for SME finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2945-2966, November.
- Eric A. Helland & Alexander Tabarrok, 2012. "Product Liability and Moral Hazard: Evidence from General Aviation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(3), pages 593-630.
- Lamar Pierce, 2012. "Organizational Structure and the Limits of Knowledge Sharing: Incentive Conflict and Agency in Car Leasing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1106-1121, June.
- Jonathan R. Peterson & Henry S. Schneider, 2014. "Adverse selection in the used-car market: evidence from purchase and repair patterns in the Consumer Expenditure Survey," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 140-154, March.
- Randall Wright & Xiaolin Xiao & Yu Zhu, 2018. "Frictional Capital Reallocation II: Ex Post Heterogeneity," 2018 Meeting Papers 544, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Anthony Strittmatter & Michael Lechner, 2017.
"Sorting on the Used-Car Market After the Volkswagen Emission Scandal,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6480, CESifo Group Munich.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Lechner, Michael, 2017. "Sorting on the Used-Car Market After the Volkswagen Emission Scandal," Economics Working Paper Series 1706, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Justin P. Johnson & Henry S. Schneider & Michael Waldman, 2014. "The Role and Growth of New-Car Leasing: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(3), pages 665-698.
- Engers, Maxim & Hartmann, Monica & Stern, Steven, 2009. "Are lemons really hot potatoes?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 250-263, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:112:y:2004:i:5:p:1157-1186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.