Do Biofuel Mandates Raise Food Prices?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wiebe, Keith D., 2003. "Linking Land Quality, Agricultural Productivity, And Food Security," Agricultural Economics Reports 34073, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:03:y:2012:i:03:n:s2010007812500133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gouel, Christophe & Hertel, Thomas, 2006. "Introducing Forest Access Cost Functions into a General Equilibrium Model," GTAP Research Memoranda 2215, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Antonio M. Bento & Lawrence H. Goulder & Mark R. Jacobsen & Roger H. von Haefen, 2009.
"Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased US Gasoline Taxes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 667-699, June.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Goulder, Lawrence H. & Jacobsen, Mark R. & von Haefen, Roger H., 2007. "Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased U.S. Gasoline Taxes," Working Papers 127021, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Uwe Schneider & Bruce McCarl, 2003.
"Economic Potential of Biomass Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(4), pages 291-312, April.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Bruce A. McCarl, 2001. "Economic Potential of Biomass-Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp280, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Fullerton, Don & Heutel, Garth, 2007.
"The general equilibrium incidence of environmental taxes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(3-4), pages 571-591, April.
- Don Fullerton & Garth Heutel, 2005. "The General Equilibrium Incidence of Environmental Taxes," NBER Working Papers 11311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamelinck, Carlo N & Faaij, Andre P.C., 2006. "Outlook for advanced biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3268-3283, November.
- Martin Banse & Hans van Meijl & Andrzej Tabeau & Geert Woltjer, 2008. "Will EU biofuel policies affect global agricultural markets?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 117-141, June.
- Xiaoguang Chen & Haixiao Huang & Madhu Khanna, 2012.
"Land-Use And Greenhouse Gas Implications Of Biofuels: Role Of Technology And Policy,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(03), pages 1-25.
- Chen, Xiaoguang & Huang, Haixiao & Khanna, Madhu, 2011. "Land Use and Greenhouse Gas Implications of Biofuels: Role of Technology and Policy," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103216, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rajagopal, Deepak & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Review of environmental, economic and policy aspects of biofuels," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4341, The World Bank.
- Golub, Alla & Hertel, Thomas & Sohngen, Brent, 2008. "Land Use Modeling in Recursively-Dynamic GTAP Framework," GTAP Working Papers 2609, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Keyzer, M.A. & Merbis, M.D. & Pavel, I.F.P.W. & van Wesenbeeck, C.F.A., 2005. "Diet shifts towards meat and the effects on cereal use: can we feed the animals in 2030?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 187-202, November.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Magne, Bertrand & Moreaux, Michel, 2009. "Endogenous Resource Substitution under a Climate Stabilization Policy: Can Nuclear Power Provide Clean Energy?," Working Papers 2009-19, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2010.
- Catherine Hausman & Maximilian Auffhammer & Peter Berck, 2012. "Farm Acreage Shocks and Crop Prices: An SVAR Approach to Understanding the Impacts of Biofuels," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(1), pages 117-136, September.
- Cranfield, J. A. L. & Preckel, Paul V. & Eales, James S. & Hertel, Thomas W., 2002. "Estimating consumer demands across the development spectrum: maximum likelihood estimates of an implicit direct additivity model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 289-307, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mads Greaker & Michael Hoel & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2014.
"Does a Renewable Fuel Standard for Biofuels Reduce Climate Costs?,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 337-363.
- Mads Greaker & Michael Hoel & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2012. "Does a Renewable Fuel Standard for Biofuels Reduce Climate Costs?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4030, CESifo Group Munich.
- Greaker, Mads & Hoel, Michael & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2014. "Does a Renewable Fuel Standard for Biofuels Reduce Climate Costs?," Memorandum 09/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Mads Greaker & Michael Hoel & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2014. "Does a Renewable Fuel Standard for Biofuels Reduce Climate Costs?," Working Papers 2014.32, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Greaker, Mads & Hoel, Michael & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2014. "Does a Renewable Fuel Standard for Biofuels Reduce Climate Costs?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 166400, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Mads Greaker & Michael Hoel & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2012. "Does a renewable fuel standard for biofuels reduce climate costs?," Discussion Papers 720, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12798 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuhanathan Ano Sujithan & Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi & Lyes Koliai, 2014. "On the determinants of food price volatility," Post-Print hal-01511900, HAL.
- Gbadebo Oladosu & Siwa Msangi, 2013. "Biofuel-Food Market Interactions: A Review of Modeling Approaches and Findings," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Steinbuks, Jevgenijs & Satija, Gaurav & Zhao, Fu, 2015. "Sustainability of solar electricity : the role of endogenous resource substitution and market mediated responses," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7178, The World Bank.
- Gal Hochman & Scott Kaplan & Deepak Rajagopal & David Zilberman, 2012. "Biofuel and Food-Commodity Prices," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-10, September.
More about this item
KeywordsClean Energy; Food Demand; Land Quality; Renewable Fuel Standards; Transportation;
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-03-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2012-03-21 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-03-21 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-03-21 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tut:cremwp:201214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CODA-POIREY Hélène). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crmrefr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.