Workforce ageing and the training propensity of Italian firms: cross-sectional evidence from the INDACO survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bellmann Lutz & Gerner Hans-Dieter & Leber Ute, 2014. "Firm-Provided Training During the Great Recession," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Gabriele Cardullo & Marco Guerrazzi, 2016.
"The Cyclical Volatility of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies: Evidence From Italy,"
CEIS, vol. 30(4), pages 433-454, December.
- Cardullo, Gabriele & Guerrazzi, Marco, 2013. "The Cyclical Volatility of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies: Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 51726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C., 2013.
"Retaining through training even for older workers,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-48.
- Matteo PICCHIO & Jan C. van OURS, 2011. "Retaining through Training: Even for Older Workers," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011017, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Picchio, M. & van Ours, J.C., 2011. "Retaining through Training; Even for OlderWorkers," Discussion Paper 2011-040, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C, 2011. "Retaining through training; even for older workers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Picchio & J. C. Van Ours, 2011. "Retaining through Training Even for Older Workers," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/748, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C., 2011. "Retaining through Training: Even for Older Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 5591, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Riphahn, Regina T. & Trübswetter, Parvati, 2006. "Population Aging and Continued Education," IZA Discussion Papers 2415, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Neuman, Shoshana & Weiss, Avi, 1995. "On the effects of schooling vintage on experience-earnings profiles: Theory and evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 943-955, May.
- Xulia González & Daniel Miles-Touya & Consuelo Pazó, 2016.
"R&D, worker training and innovation: firm-level evidence,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 694-712, November.
- Xulia González & Daniel Miles-Touya & Consuelo Pazó, 2012. "R&D, Worker Training, and Innovation: Firm-level evidence," Working Papers 1203, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Leiponen, Aija, 2005. "Skills and innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 303-323, June.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Brunello, Giorgio, 2003. "Is Training More Frequent When Wage Compression is Higher? Evidence from the European Community Household Panel," IZA Discussion Papers 839, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David Neumark, 1998. "Youth Labor Markets in the U.S.: Shopping Around vs. Staying Put," NBER Working Papers 6581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Bassanini & Wooseok Ok, 2004. "How do firms' and individuals' incentives to invest in human capital vary across groups?," CEPN Working Papers halshs-00194344, HAL.
- Luc Behaghel & Eve Caroli & Muriel Roger, 2014.
"Age-biased Technical and Organizational Change, Training and Employment Prospects of Older Workers,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(322), pages 368-389, April.
- Behaghel, Luc & Caroli, Eve & Roger, Muriel, 2011. "Age Biased Technical and Organisational Change, Training and Employment Prospects of Older Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 5544, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Luc Behaghel & Eve Caroli & Muriel Roger, 2014. "Age-biased Technical and Organizational Change, Training and Employment Prospects of Older Workers," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00978400, HAL.
- Behaghel, L. & Caroli, E. & Roger, M., 2013. "Age Biased Technical and Organisational Change, Training and Employment Prospects of Older Workers," Working papers 431, Banque de France.
- Redding, Stephen, 1996. "The Low-Skill, Low-Quality Trap: Strategic Complementarities between Human Capital and R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 458-470, March.
- Schweri, Juerg & Mueller, Barbara, 2007. "Why has the share of training firms declined in Switzerland?," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 40(2/3), pages 149-167.
- Roberto Leombruni & Claudia Villosio, 2005. "Employability of Older Workers in Italy and Europe," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 43, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Tobias Stucki, 2008.
"Training Propensity of Start-ups in Switzerland - A Study Based on Data for the Start-up Cohort 1996-97,"
KOF Working papers
08-199, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Tobias Stucki, 2008. "Training Propensity of Start-ups in Switzerland - A Study Based on Data for the Start-up Cohort 1996-97," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0035, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1979. "Bonus Payments, on-the-Job Training, and Lifetime Employment in Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1086-1104, October.
- Christian Pfeifer & Simon Janssen & Philip Yang & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2012. "Training Participation of a Firm's Aging Workforce," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0080, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Spyros Arvanitis, 2008.
"Are Firm Innovativeness and Firm Age Relevant for the Supply of Vocational Training? - A Study Based on Swiss Micro Data,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0036, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Spyros Arvanitis, 2008. "Are Firm Innovativeness and Firm Age Relevant for the Supply of Vocational Training? - A Study Based on Swiss Micro Data," KOF Working papers 08-198, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Nielsen, M.S. & Rosholm, M., 1999.
"Wages, Training, and Job Turnover in a Search-Matching Model,"
99-03, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark-.
- Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael, 2000. "Wages, Training and Job Turnover in a Search-Matching Model," IZA Discussion Papers 223, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Canegallo, Claudia, 2001. "Una valutazione delle carriere dei giovani lavoratori atipici: la fedeltÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â aziendale premia?," POLIS Working Papers 20, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Emilio Colombo & Luca Stanca, 2008. "The Impact of Training on Productivity: Evidence from a Large Panel of Firms," Working Papers 134, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2008.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Booth, Alison L. & Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Leuven, Edwin, 2005. "Workplace Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Croce & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2007. "Disentangling factors behind training partecipation in Italy," Working Papers 101, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Piero Casadio & Martina Lo Conte & Andrea Neri, 2008. "Balancing work and family in Italy: New mothersï¿½ employment decisions after childbirth," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 684, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Statt, A.L., 1998. "Great Prospects: Employer Provided Training as a Credible Screening Device," Working Papers Series 9802, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Kristensen, Nicolai, 2012. "Training and Retirement," IZA Discussion Papers 6301, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Piekkola, Hannu, 2004. "Demographic Aspects of Ageing and Time Use in a Set of European Countries," Discussion Papers 899, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Naoki Shintoyo, 2008. "Creation of jobs and firm-sponsored training in a matching model of unemployment," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 145-176, March.
- Conti, Gabriella, 2005. "Training, productivity and wages in Italy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 557-576, August.
- Ballot, Gerard & Fakhfakh, Fathi & Taymaz, Erol, 2001. "Firms' human capital, R&D and performance: a study on French and Swedish firms," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 443-462, September.
- Sandro Turcio & Paolo Calza Bini, 2005. "(English) (Italiano) Active Ageing and the Labour Market. Country report in Italy," IRPPS Working Papers 9bis:2005, National Research Council, Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies.
- Dan A. Black & Brett J. Noel & Zheng Wang, 1999. "On-the-Job Training, Establishment Size, and Firm Size: Evidence for Economies of Scale in the Production of Human Capital," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 82-100, July.
- Barron, John M & Black, Dan A & Loewenstein, Mark A, 1987. "Employer Size: The Implications for Search, Training, Capital Investment, Starting Wages, and Wage Growth," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(1), pages 76-89, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgeing; Older workers; Vocational training; Human capital; Labour turnover; Probit model; INDACO.;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-06-28 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-EUR-2014-06-28 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HRM-2014-06-28 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56826. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.