Training Participation of a Firm's Aging Workforce
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2004.
"Training in Europe,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 346-360, 04/05.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2003. "Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 933, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2003. "Training in Europe," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Riphahn, Regina T. & Trübswetter, Parvati, 2006. "Population Aging and Continued Education," IZA Discussion Papers 2415, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Henry S. Farber & Robert Gibbons, 1996. "Learning and Wage Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1007-1047.
- O'Connell, Philip J. & Byrne, Delma, 2009. "The Determinants and Effects of Training at Work: Bringing the Workplace Back In," Papers WP289, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Robert H. Topel & Michael P. Ward, 1992. "Job Mobility and the Careers of Young Men," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 439-479.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Wise, David, 1998. "Social Security and Retirement: An International Comparison," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 158-163, May.
- Harley Frazis & Maury Gittleman & Mary Joyce, 2000. "Correlates of Training: An Analysis Using Both Employer and Employee Characteristics," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(3), pages 443-462, April.
- Chan, Sewin & Stevens, Ann Huff, 2001. "Job Loss and Employment Patterns of Older Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 484-521, April.
- Fabian Lange, 2007. "The Speed of Employer Learning," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 1-35.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1997.
"Who gets over the training hurdle? A study of the training experiences of young men and women in Britain,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 197-217.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L, 1996. "Who Gets Over the Training Hurdle? A Study of the Training Experiences of Young Men and Women in Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 1470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eme:rlepps:v:18:y:1999:i:1999:p:303-330 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2002. "Who Pays for General Training? New Evidence for British Men and Women," IZA Discussion Papers 486, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1998. "Unravelling Supply and Demand Factors in Work-Related Training," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 266-283, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guerrazzi, Marco, 2014. "Workforce ageing and the training propensity of Italian firms: cross-sectional evidence from the INDACO survey," MPRA Paper 56826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Friederike von Haaren-Giebel & Malte Sandner, 2016. "Naturalisation and on-the-job training: evidence from first-generation immigrants in Germany," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAge; Human capital; Internal labor markets; Training;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-09-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-09-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2012-09-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2012-09-16 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iso:educat:0080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Brunner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isuzhch.html .