Unravelling Supply and Demand Factors in Work-Related Training
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Main, Brian G M & Raffe, David, 1983. "Determinants of Employment and Unemployment among School Leavers: Evidence from the 1979 Survey of Scottish School Leavers," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 30(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Dolton, Peter J & Makepeace, Gerald H & Treble, John G, 1994. "The Youth Training Scheme and the School-to-Work Transition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 629-657, October.
- Andrews, Martyn J. & Stewart, Mark B. & Swaffield, Joanna K. & Upward, Richard, 1998. "The estimation of union wage differentials and the impact of methodological choices," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Dolton, Peter J & Makepeace, Gerald H & Treble, John G, 1994. "The Wage Effect of YTS: Evidence from YCS," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 444-453, November.
- Steve Bradley, "undated". "An Empirical Analysis of Private Sector Youth Training," Working Papers ec8/95, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Mealli, Fabrizia & Pudney, Stephen & Thomas, Jonathan M, 1996. "Training Duration and Post-training Outcomes: A Duration-Limited Competing Risks Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 422-433, March.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Hutchinson, Gillian & Church, Andrew, 1989. "Wages, Unions, the Youth Training Scheme and the Young Workers Scheme," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 36(2), pages 160-182, May.
- Andrews, Martyn & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Modelling the Transition from School and the Demand for Training in the United Kingdom," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(255), pages 387-413, August.
- Cramer, J. S. & Ridder, G., 1991. "Pooling states in the multinomial logit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 267-272, February.
- Lee, K. & Psaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1995. "Growth and Convergence: A Multi-Country Empirical Analysis of the Solow Growth Model," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9531, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- S Bradley, "undated". "The Youth Training Scheme:A Critical Review of the Evaluation Literature. Forthcoming in International Journal of Manpower," Working Papers ec12/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Montizaan, Raymond & Cörvers, Frank & De Grip, Andries, 2010.
"The effects of pension rights and retirement age on training participation: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Elsevier, pages 240-247.
- Montizaan Raymond & CÃ¶rvers Frank & Grip Andries de, 2009. "The effects of pension rights and retirement age on training participation: Evidence from a natural experiment," Research Memorandum 044, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Montizaan Raymond & CÃ¶rvers Frank & Grip Andries de, 2009. "The effects of pension rights and retirement age on training participation: Evidence from a natural experiment," ROA Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Montizaan, Raymond & Cörvers, Frank & de Grip, Andries, 2009. "The Effects of Pension Rights and Retirement Age on Training Participation: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 4462, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Gibson, 2003. "Do Lower Expected Wage Benefits Explain Ethnic Age Gaps in Job-Related Training? Evidence from New Zealand," Working Papers 03_03, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2008.
"Efficiency and equity of European education and training policies,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(2), pages 199-230, April.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2006. "Efficiency and Equity of European Education and Training Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1779, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2008. "Efficiency and equity of European education and training policies," Munich Reprints in Economics 19667, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Anders Stenberg & Xavier Luna & Olle Westerlund, 2012.
"Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 677-696.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008. "Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?," Working Paper Series 6/2008, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2010. "Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?," Working Paper Series 2010:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008. "Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?," Umeå Economic Studies 756, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Asplund, Rita, 2004. "The Provision and Effects of Company Training. A brief review of the literature," Discussion Papers 907, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- John Gibson, 2003. "Do Lower Expected Wage Benefits Explain Ethnic Gaps In Job- Related Training? Evidence From New Zealand," Labor and Demography 0310004, EconWPA.
- G. Guidetti & G. Pedrini, 2015. "Systemic flexibility and human capital development: the relationship between non-standard employment and workplace training," Working Papers wp1019, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Janssen, Simon & Yang, Philip & Backes-Gellner, Uschi, 2010.
"Training Participation of an Aging Workforce in an Internal Labor Market,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-447, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Christian Pfeifer & Simon Janssen & Philip Yang & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2010. "Training Participation of an Aging Workforce in an Internal Labor Market," Working Paper Series in Economics 170, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Giuseppe Croce & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2007. "Disentangling factors behind training partecipation in Italy," Working Papers 101, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Simone Tuor & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Time - Even More Costly Than Money: Training Costs of Workers and Firms," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0046, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Dinçer, N. Nergiz & Tekin-Koru, Ayça, 2013. "Adult Education in Turkey: Stylized Facts, Determinants and Further Issues," MPRA Paper 49496, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000. "Formelle und informelle berufliche Weiterbildung und Verdienst bei Arbeitnehmern und Selbständigen," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Blyde, Juan, 2016. "Exports and Labor Skills: The Role of Training," MPRA Paper 72150, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stenberg, Anders, 2011. "Using longitudinal data to evaluate publicly provided formal education for low skilled," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1262-1280.
- Christian Pfeifer & Simon Janssen & Philip Yang & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2012. "Training Participation of a Firm's Aging Workforce," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0080, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Anna Ruzik-Sierdzinska & Claudia Villosio & Michele Belloni & Maciej Lis & Monika Potoczna, 2013. "Age and productivity. Human Capital Accumulation and Depreciation," CASE Network Reports 0114, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Rita Asplund, 2005. "The Provision and Effects of Company Training: A Brief Review of the Literature," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 31, pages 47-73.
- Ruhose, Jens & Thomsen, Stephan, 2017. "Non-Monetary Benefits of Continuous Training," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168169, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxecpp:v:50:y:1998:i:2:p:266-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oep .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .