R&D, Worker Training, and Innovation: Firm-level evidence
This paper analyzes the effects of R&D and worker training on innovation performance in a sample of Spanish manufacturing firms while distinguishing between large and small firms. Our findings suggest that R&D is a key factor in explaining firm innovation performance, and that worker training investment also has a significant effect, albeit one of less magnitude. The results confirm a complementary relationship: training reinforces the effect of R&D on innovation performance. The effects differ according to firm size and industry.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 986 - 812500
Fax: 986 - 812401
Web page: http://webx06.webs.uvigo.es/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elena Huergo & Lourdes Moreno, 2011.
"Does history matter for the relationship between R&D, innovation, and productivity?,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 1335-1368, October.
- Elena Huergo & Lourdes Moreno, 2010. "Does history matter for the relationship between R&D, Innovation and Productivity?," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_41, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Huergo, E & Moreno, L, 2010. "Does history matter for the relationship between R&D, Innovation and Productivity?," MPRA Paper 23611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, June.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, June.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Booth, Alison L. & Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Leuven, Edwin, 2005.
"Workplace Training in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Santamara, Llus & Nieto, Mara Jess & Barge-Gil, Andrs, 2009. "Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-517, April.
- Ballot, Gerard & Fakhfakh, Fathi & Taymaz, Erol, 2001. "Firms' human capital, R&D and performance: a study on French and Swedish firms," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 443-462, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vig:wpaper:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia González Piñeiro)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.