How Firms Innovate: R&D, Non-R&D, and Technology Adoption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Huang, Can & Arundel, Anthony & Hollanders, Hugo, 2010. "How Firms Innovate: R&D, Non-R&D, and Technology Adoption," MERIT Working Papers 027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
References listed on IDEAS
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Richard Harris & Qian Cher Li, 2009. "Exporting, R&D, and absorptive capacity in UK establishments," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 74-103, January.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, 2008.
"R&D and Exporting: A Comparison of British and Irish Firms,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(4), pages 750-773, December.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, "undated". "R&D and exporting: A comparison of British and Irish firms," Discussion Papers 07/18, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Jacques Mairesse & Pierre Mohnen, 2005.
"The Importance of R&D for Innovation: A Reassessment Using French Survey Data,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 30(2_2), pages 183-197, January.
- Mairesse, Jacques & Mohnen, Pierre, 2004. "The Importance of R&D for Innovation: A Reassessment Using French Survey Data," Research Memorandum 022, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jacques Mairesse & Pierre Mohnen, 2004. "The Importance of R&D for Innovation : A Reassessment Using French Survey Data," Working Papers 2004-25, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Jacques Mairesse & Pierre Mohnen, 2004. "The Importance of R&D for Innovation: A Reassessment Using French Survey Data," NBER Working Papers 10897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomiura, Eiichi, 2007. "Effects of R&D and networking on the export decision of Japanese firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 758-767, June.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Grimpe, Christoph & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2009. "Search patterns and absorptive capacity: Low- and high-technology sectors in European countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 495-506, April.
- Luo, Xiaowei Rose & Koput, Kenneth W. & Powell, Walter W., 2009. "Intellectual capital or signal? The effects of scientists on alliance formation in knowledge-intensive industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1313-1325, October.
- Christian Rammer & Dirk Czarnitzki & Alfred Spielkamp, 2009.
"Innovation success of non-R&D-performers: substituting technology by management in SMEs,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 35-58, June.
- Spielkamp, Alfred & Czarnitzki, Dirk & Rammer, Christian, 2008. "Innovation Success of Non-R&D-Performers: Substituting Technology by Management in SMEs," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-092, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arundel, Anthony, 2001. "The relative effectiveness of patents and secrecy for appropriation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 611-624, April.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Simona Iammarino & Valeria Mastrostefano & Alberto Silvani, 2002. "Looking for Regional Systems of Innovation: Evidence from the Italian Innovation Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 173-186.
- Herrera, Liliana & Muñoz-Doyague, Maria Felisa & Nieto, Mariano, 2010. "Mobility of public researchers, scientific knowledge transfer, and the firm's innovation process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 510-518, May.
- Leiponen, Aija & Byma, Justin, 2009. "If you cannot block, you better run: Small firms, cooperative innovation, and appropriation strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1478-1488, November.
- Vega-Jurado, Jaider & Gutiérrez-Gracia, Antonio & Fernández-de-Lucio, Ignacio & Manjarrés-Henriquez, Liney, 2008. "The effect of external and internal factors on firms' product innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 616-632, May.
- Lee, Chang-Yang & Sung, Taeyoon, 2005. "Schumpeter's legacy: A new perspective on the relationship between firm size and R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 914-931, August.
- Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2006. "Investigating the sources of process innovation among UK manufacturing firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 653-682, August.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Petri Rouvinen, 2002. "Characteristics of product and process innovators: some evidence from the Finnish innovation survey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 575-580.
- Santamara, Llus & Nieto, Mara Jess & Barge-Gil, Andrs, 2009. "Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-517, April.
- Arundel, Anthony & Kabla, Isabelle, 1998. "What percentage of innovations are patented? empirical estimates for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 127-141, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Chia-Ling & Lin, Hui-Lin & Lin, Eric S., 2016. "Is There A Complementary Relationship Between Product And Process Innovation On Productivity In Taiwanese Manufacturing Firms?," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 57(2), pages 139-173, December.
- repec:taf:promet:v:33:y:2015:i:1:p:67-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hervas-Oliver, Jose-Luis & Sempere-Ripoll, Francisca & Boronat-Moll, Carles, 2012. "Process innovation objectives and management complementarities: patterns, drivers, co-adoption and performance effects," MERIT Working Papers 051, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Xulia González & Daniel Miles-Touya & Consuelo Pazó, 2016.
"R&D, worker training and innovation: firm-level evidence,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 694-712, November.
- Xulia González & Daniel Miles-Touya & Consuelo Pazó, 2012. "R&D, Worker Training, and Innovation: Firm-level evidence," Working Papers 1203, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Rammer, Christian & Köhler, Christian & Murmann, Martin & Pesau, Agnes & Schwiebacher, Franz & Kinkel, Steffen & Kirner, Eva & Schubert, Torben & Som, Oliver, 2010. "Innovationen ohne Forschung und Entwicklung: Eine Untersuchung zu Unternehmen, die ohne eigene FuE-Tätigkeit neue Produkte und Prozesse einführen," Studien zum deutschen Innovationssystem 15-2011, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin.
- Brink, Siegrun & Nielen, Sebastian & May-Strobl, Eva, 2018. "Innovationstätigkeit des nicht-forschenden Mittelstands," IfM-Materialien 266, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Choi Seung Mo & González Daniel Toro & Gray Peter, 2013. "International technology adoption, R&D, and productivity growth," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2013. "R&D and Non-R&D Innovators in the Financial Crisis: the Role of Binding Credit Constraints," wiiw Working Papers 95, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Reichert, Fernanda Maciel & Torugsa, Nuttaneeya (Ann) & Zawislak, Paulo Antonio & Arundel, Anthony, 2016. "Exploring innovation success recipes in low-technology firms using fuzzy-set QCA," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5437-5441.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(615):y:2018:i:2(615):p:51-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aes:jsesro:v:4:y:2015:i:2:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hervas-Oliver, Jose-Luis & Sempere-Ripoll, Francisca & Arribas, Ivan, 2015. "Asymmetric modeling of organizational innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2654-2662.
- Massimiliano Volpi, 2014. "Universities as sources of information: comparing the role of 'open innovation' and companies' motivations," SEEDS Working Papers 0514, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Mar 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-R&D innovation; Technology adoption; Community Innovation Survey; CIS;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tas:wpaper:9854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitali Alexeev) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dutasau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.