Revising the definition of research and development in the light of the specificities of services
Research and development (R&D) is underestimated in services. This article combines deductive and inductive approaches to formulate a new definition of R&D. The proposed revision does not fundamentally alter the structure of the current OECD definition, which is only marginally amended by making explicit certain implicit or insufficiently highlighted characteristics. In particular, it emphasises the importance of the social sciences and humanities and of design and development or organisational engineering, the composite nature of projects, and so on. Our objective is to attain a certain ‘psychological’ threshold that would mark our emancipation from the inertia of the still dominant industrialist and technologist approaches. Copyright , Beech Tree Publishing.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Publication status:||Published in Science and public policy, Oxford University Press, 2003, 30 (6), pp.415-430|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00006723|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hill, T P, 1977. "On Goods and Services," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 23(4), pages 315-338, December.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002.
"Innovation in the service economy: the new wealth of nations,"
- FaÏz Gallouj, 2002. "Innovation in the Service Economy: the New Wealth of Nations," Post-Print hal-01111977, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00006723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.