Business models as systemic instruments for the evolution of traditional districts?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy Howells, 2004. "Innovation, consumption and services: encapsulation and the combinatorial role of services," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 19-36, January.
- Sanjay Jain & Gerard George, 2007. "Technology transfer offices as institutional entrepreneurs: the case of Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and human embryonic stem cells," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 535-567, August.
- Hagedoorn, John & Link, Albert N. & Vonortas, Nicholas S., 2000. "Research partnerships1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 567-586, April.
- Wolfram Elsner, 2007.
"Why Meso? On “Aggregation” and “Emergence”, and Why and How the Meso Level is Essential in Social Economics,"
Forum for Social Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Wolfram Elsner, 2007. "Why Meso? On “Aggregation” and “Emergence”, and Why and How the Meso Level is Essential in Social Economics," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Howells, Jeremy, 2006. "Intermediation and the role of intermediaries in innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 715-728, June.
- Kuhlmann, Stefan & Boekholt, Patries & Georghiou, Luke & Guy, Ken & Heraud, Jean-Alain & Laredo, Philippe & Lemola, Tarmo & Loveridge, Denis & Luukkonen, Terttu & Moniz, António & Polt, Wolfgang & Rip, 1999. "Improving Distributed Intelligence in Complex Innovation Systems," MPRA Paper 6426, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 1999.
- Youtie, Jan & Shapira, Philip, 2008. "Building an innovation hub: A case study of the transformation of university roles in regional technological and economic development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1188-1204, September.
- Wolfram Elsner, 2010. "The process and a simple logic of ‘meso’. Emergence and the co-evolution of institutions and group size," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 445-477, June.
- Elvira Uyarra, 2011. "Regional innovation systems revisited: networks, institutions, policy and complexity," Openloc Working Papers 1113, Public policies and local development.
- Alberto Rinaldi, 2005. "The Emilian Model Revisited: Twenty Years After," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 244-266.
- Lay, Gunter & Schroeter, Marcus & Biege, Sabine, 2009. "Service-based business concepts: A typology for business-to-business markets," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 442-455, December.
- Kuhlmann, Stefan, 2001. "Future governance of innovation policy in Europe -- three scenarios," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 953-976, June.
- Balconi, Margherita & Brusoni, Stefano & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2010. "In defence of the linear model: An essay," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Mytelka, Lynn K. & Smith, Keith, 2002. "Policy learning and innovation theory: an interactive and co-evolving process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1467-1479, December.
- Claudia Werker & Suma Athreye, 2004. "Marshall’s disciples: knowledge and innovation driving regional economic development and growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 505-523, December.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & James, Andrew & Mina, Andrea, 2005. "Emergent innovation systems and the delivery of clinical services: The case of intra-ocular lenses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1283-1304, November.
- Yusuf, Shahid, 2008. "Intermediating knowledge exchange between universities and businesses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1167-1174, September.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Rod Coombs & Mark Harvey & Bruce S. Tether, 2003. "Analysing distributed processes of provision and innovation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(6), pages 1125-1155, December.
- Brusco, Sebastiano, 1982. "The Emilian Model: Productive Decentralisation and Social Integration," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Kirkels, Yvonne & Duysters, Geert, 2010. "Brokerage in SME networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 375-385, April.
- B. Demil & X. Lecocq, 2010. "Business model evolution : in search of dynamic consistency," Post-Print hal-00572915, HAL.
- Michel Callon & Yuval Millo & Fabian Muniesa, 2007. "Market Devices," Post-Print halshs-00177891, HAL.
- Lipsey, Richard G., 2009.
"Economic growth related to mutually interdependent institutions and technology,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 259-288, December.
- Richard Lipsey, 2008. "Economic Growth Related to Mutually Interdependent Institutions and Technology," Discussion Papers dp08-03, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Vega-Jurado, Jaider & Gutiérrez-Gracia, Antonio & Fernández-de-Lucio, Ignacio & Manjarrés-Henriquez, Liney, 2008. "The effect of external and internal factors on firms' product innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 616-632, May.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1998. "Innovating in reverse: services and the reverse product cycle," Post-Print halshs-01114103, HAL.
- Sternberg, Rolf G., 1996. "Government R & D expenditure and space: empirical evidence from five industrialized countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 741-758, August.
- Elvira Uyarra & Kieron Flanagan, 2010.
"From regional systems of innovation to regions as innovation policy spaces,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(4), pages 681-695, August.
- Elvira Uyarra & Kieron Flanagan, 2010. "From Regional Systems of Innovation to Regions as Innovation Policy Spaces," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 28(4), pages 681-695, August.
- Shapira, Philip, 2001. "US manufacturing extension partnerships: technology policy reinvented?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 977-992, June.
- Michael Howlett, 2009. "Governance modes, policy regimes and operational plans: A multi-level nested model of policy instrument choice and policy design," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 42(1), pages 73-89, February.
- Olav Sorenson & Jan W. Rivkin & Lee Fleming, 2010. "Complexity, Networks and Knowledge Flows," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Davide Consoli & Andrea Mina, 2009. "An evolutionary perspective on health innovation systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 297-319, April.
- Laranja, Manuel & Uyarra, Elvira & Flanagan, Kieron, 2008. "Policies for science, technology and innovation: Translating rationales into regional policies in a multi-level setting," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 823-835, June.
- Bianchi, Patrizio & Bellini, Nicola, 1991. "Public policies for local networks of innovators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 487-497, October.
- Uwe Cantner & Andreas Meder & Anne ter Wal, 2008. "Innovator networks and regional knowledge base," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-042, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Nottenburg, Carol & Pardey, Philip G. & Wright, Brian D., 2002. "Accessing other people’s technology for non-profit research," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Jeremy Howells, 1999. "Research and Technology Outsourcing and Innovation Systems: an Exploratory Analysis," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 111-129.
- Bozeman, Barry, 2000. "Technology transfer and public policy: a review of research and theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 627-655, April.
- Niosi, Jorge, 2002. "National systems of innovations are "x-efficient" (and x-effective): Why some are slow learners," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 291-302, February.
- Georghiou, Luke & Roessner, David, 2000. "Evaluating technology programs: tools and methods," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 657-678, April.
- Fabian Muniesa & Yuval Millo & Michel Callon, 2007. "An introduction to market devices," Post-Print halshs-00177928, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness Models; Innovation Intermediaries; Entrepreneurship; Manufacturing; Systemic Instruments;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L64 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Machinery; Business Equipment; Armaments
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-10-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2011-10-09 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2011-10-09 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .