Governance modes, policy regimes and operational plans: A multi-level nested model of policy instrument choice and policy design
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:02:p:334-347_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolf, Charles, Jr, 1979. "A Theory of Nonmarket Failure: Framework for Implementation Analysis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 107-139, April.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 1981. "Preferred policies when there is a concern for probability of adoption," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 215-237, September.
- Linder, Stephen H. & Peters, B. Guy, 1990. "Policy formulation and the challenge of conscious design," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 303-311, January.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:30:y:1996:i:4:p:1212-1216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brian E. Dollery & Joe L. Wallis, 1997. "Market Failure, Government Failure, Leadership and Public Policy," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 8(2), pages 113-126, April.
- Trebilcock, Michael J. & Hartle, Douglas G., 1982. "The choice of governing instrument," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, June.
- Revesz, Richard L. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007. "Environmental Law," Handbook of Law and Economics, Elsevier.
- Markoff, John & Montecinos, Verónica, 1993. "The Ubiquitous Rise of Economists," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 37-68, January.
- Bressers, Hans Th. A. & Jr, Laurence J. O'Toole,, 1998. "The Selection of Policy Instruments: a Network-based Perspective," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 213-239, December.
- Linder, Stephen H. & Peters, B. Guy, 1984. "From Social Theory to Policy Design," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 237-259, August.
- Stephen H. Linder & B. Guy Peters, 1988. "THE ANALYSIS OF DESIGN OR THE DESIGN OF ANALYSIS?," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 7(4), pages 738-750, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kluvánková, Tatiana & Gežík, Veronika, 2016. "Survival of commons? Institutions for robust forest social – ecological systems," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 175-185.
- repec:kap:policy:v:50:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11077-017-9300-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sabine Saurugger & Fabien Terpan, 2016. "Do crises lead to policy change? The multiple streams framework and the European Union’s economic governance instruments," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 49(1), pages 35-53, March.
- Michael Howlett & Ishani Mukherjee, 2014. "Policy Design and Non-Design: Towards a Spectrum of Policy Formulation Types," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 2(2), pages 57-71.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:359-374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Howlett, 2014. "From the ‘old’ to the ‘new’ policy design: design thinking beyond markets and collaborative governance," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 47(3), pages 187-207, September.
- Cocchi, Andrea, 2011. "Business models as systemic instruments for the evolution of traditional districts?," MPRA Paper 33766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:asiaps:v:4:y:2017:i:3:p:451-466 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Nick von Tunzelmann, 2013. "Alignment of Innovation Policy Objectives: a demand side perspective," DRUID Working Papers 13-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Frédéric Varone & Stéphane Nahrath & David Aubin & Jean-David Gerber, 2013. "Functional regulatory spaces," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 46(4), pages 311-333, December.
- Petteri Repo & Päivi Timonen, 2017. "Regime Market Performance Analysis: Informing European Consumer Policy," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 125-143, March.
- Frantzeskaki, Niki & Thissen, Wil & Grin, John, 2016. "Drifting between transitions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 275-286.
- Eduardo Araral, 2014. "Policy and regulatory design for developing countries: a mechanism design and transaction cost approach," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 47(3), pages 289-303, September.
- Raul Lejano & Savita Shankar, 2013. "The contextualist turn and schematics of institutional fit: Theory and a case study from Southern India," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 46(1), pages 83-102, March.
- Eva Thomann & Anita Manatschal, 2016. "Identifying context and cause in small-N settings: a comparative multilevel analysis," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 49(3), pages 335-348, September.
- Michael Howlett & Jeremy Rayner, 2013. "Patching vs Packaging in Policy Formulation: Assessing Policy Portfolio Design," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 1(2), pages 170-182.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:8:p:1387-1398 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeroen J. L. Candel & Robbert Biesbroek, 2016. "Toward a processual understanding of policy integration," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 49(3), pages 211-231, September.
- repec:kap:policy:v:50:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11077-016-9261-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olsson, Linda & Hjalmarsson, Linnea & Wikström, Martina & Larsson, Mårten, 2015. "Bridging the implementation gap: Combining backcasting and policy analysis to study renewable energy in urban road transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 72-82.
- repec:kap:policy:v:50:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11077-017-9295-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Bergquist, Ann-Kristin & Keskitalo, E. Carina H., 2016. "Regulation versus deregulation. Policy divergence between Swedish forestry and the Swedish pulp and paper industry after the 1990s," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 10-17.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic policy; Policy tools; Governing instruments; Policy design;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:policy:v:42:y:2009:i:1:p:73-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.