Resource rents, power, and political stability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Biswas, Amit K. & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Thum, Marcel, 2012.
"Pollution, shadow economy and corruption: Theory and evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 114-125.
- Amit K. Biswas & Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Marcel Thum, 2011. "Pollution, Shadow Economy and Corruption: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3630, CESifo Group Munich.
- Philippe Le Billon, 2003. "Buying peace or fuelling war: the role of corruption in armed conflicts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 413-426.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther, 2018.
"Natural resource rents and internal conflicts: Can decentralization lift the curse?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 186-205.
- Markwardt, Gunther & Farzanegan, Mohammad & Leßmann, Christian, 2013. "Natural-resource rents and internal conflicts - Can decentralization lift the curse?," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79940, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Christian Leßmann & Gunther Markwardt, 2013. "Natural-Resource Rents and Internal Conflicts - Can Decentralization Lift the Curse?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4180, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014.
- Rabah Arezki & Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2011. "Resource Rents, Democracy and Corruption: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 3575, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bjorvatn Kjetil & Farzanegan Mohammad Reza & Schneider Friedrich, 2013. "Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Iran," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 133-158, August.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Schneider, Friedrich, 2012. "Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Oil-Rich Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1308-1316.
- Paul Collier & Anke Hoeffler, 2004. "Greed and grievance in civil war," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 563-595, October.
- Arellano, M, 1987. "Computing Robust Standard Errors for Within-Groups Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(4), pages 431-434, November.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2009. "Trade variety and political conflict: Some international evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 26-28, April.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Political instability, corruption and policy formation: the case of environmental policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1383-1405, August.
- Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje, 2013. "Oil and political survival," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 89-106.
- Amy Poteete, 2009. "Is Development Path Dependent or Political? A Reinterpretation of Mineral-Dependent Development in Botswana," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 544-571.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Raeisian Parvari, Mozhgan, 2014.
"Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and international oil prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 364-372.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mozhgan Raeisian Parvari, 2014. "Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and International Oil Prices," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201427, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2014.
"Demographic Transition and Political Stability: Does Corruption Matter?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5133, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2014. "Demographic transition and political stability: Does corruption matter?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201459, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
Keywordsresource rent; political power; political stability; conflict;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-03-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-POL-2014-03-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.