Resource Rents, Power, and Political Stability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Biswas, Amit K. & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Thum, Marcel, 2012.
"Pollution, shadow economy and corruption: Theory and evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 114-125.
- Amit K. Biswas & Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Marcel Thum, 2011. "Pollution, Shadow Economy and Corruption: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3630, CESifo Group Munich.
- Philippe Le Billon, 2003. "Buying peace or fuelling war: the role of corruption in armed conflicts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 413-426.
- Markwardt, Gunther & Farzanegan, Mohammad & Leßmann, Christian, 2013.
"Natural-resource rents and internal conflicts - Can decentralization lift the curse?,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79940, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Christian Leßmann & Gunther Markwardt, 2013. "Natural-Resource Rents and Internal Conflicts - Can Decentralization Lift the Curse?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4180, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014, March.
- Rabah Arezki & Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2011. "Resource Rents, Democracy and Corruption: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 3575, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bjorvatn Kjetil & Farzanegan Mohammad Reza & Schneider Friedrich, 2013. "Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Iran," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 133-158, August.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Schneider, Friedrich, 2012. "Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Oil-Rich Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1308-1316.
- Paul Collier & Anke Hoeffler, 2004. "Greed and grievance in civil war," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 563-595, October.
- Arellano, M, 1987. "Computing Robust Standard Errors for Within-Groups Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(4), pages 431-434, November.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2009. "Trade variety and political conflict: Some international evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 26-28, April.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Political instability, corruption and policy formation: the case of environmental policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1383-1405, August.
- Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje, 2013. "Oil and political survival," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 89-106.
- Amy Poteete, 2009. "Is Development Path Dependent or Political? A Reinterpretation of Mineral-Dependent Development in Botswana," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 544-571.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Raeisian Parvari, Mozhgan, 2014.
"Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and international oil prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 364-372.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mozhgan Raeisian Parvari, 2014. "Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and International Oil Prices," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201427, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2014.
"Demographic Transition and Political Stability: Does Corruption Matter?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5133, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2014. "Demographic transition and political stability: Does corruption matter?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201459, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
Keywordsresource rent; political power; political stability; conflict;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .