Report NEP-POL-2014-03-22This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Burkhard Schipper & Hee Yeul Woo, 2014. "Political Awareness, Microtargeting of Voters, and Negative Electoral Campaigning," Working Papers 148, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Alexandre B. Cunha & Emanuel Ornelas, 2014. "Political Competition and the Limits of Political Compromise," CEP Discussion Papers dp1263, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kjetil Bjorvatn & Mohammad Reza Farzanegan, 2014. "Resource rents, power, and political stability," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201419, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Item repec:cge:warwcg:185 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Cesur, Resul & Mocan, Naci, 2014. "Does Secular Education Impact Religiosity, Electoral Participation and the Propensity to Vote for Islamic Parties? Evidence from an Education Reform in a Muslim Country," IZA Discussion Papers 8017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Massimo Bordignon & Matteo Gamalerio & Gilberto Turati, 2014. "Decentralization, Vertical Fiscal Imbalance, and Political Selection," Working papers 025, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Konstantin Yanovskiy, 2014. "US Aid for Israel – A Historical Overview," Working Papers 0090, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2014.
- Shanker Satyanath & Nico Voigtländer & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2014. "Bowling for fascism: social capital and the rise of the Nazi Party," ECON - Working Papers 147, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Lasse Steiner, 2014. "God does not play dice, but people should: random selection in politics, science and society," ECON - Working Papers 144, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Zaouali, Amira, 2014. "Corruption’s and Democracy’s effects on Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 54535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- VAN DIJCK, Maarten & TRUYTS, Tom, 2014. "The agricultural invasion and the political economy of agricultural trade policy in Belgium, 1875-1900," CORE Discussion Papers 2014002, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pablo Branas-Garza & Maria Paz Espinosa & Ayca Ebru Giritligil, 2014. "Democratic values transmission," SEET Working Papers 2014-01, BELIS, Istanbul Bilgi University.
- Esteve, Patrícia & Theilen, Bernd, 1965-, 2014. "European Integration: Partisan Motives or Economic Benefits?," Working Papers 2072/225297, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Galeotti & Daniel John Zizzo, 2014. "Competence versus Trustworthiness: What Do Voters Care About?," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 060, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Jochen Michaelis & Marco de Pinto, 2014. "The labor market effects of trade unions - Layard meets Melitz," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201406, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Toms, Steven, 2014. "‘Cold, Calculating Political Economy’: Fixed costs, the Rate of Profit and the Length of the Working Day in the Factory Act Debates, 1832-1847," MPRA Paper 54408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ugur Ozdemir & Ali Ihsan Ozkes, 2014. "Measuring Public Preferential Polarization," Working Papers hal-00954497, HAL.
- Vladimir Mau & Ilia Zatcovecky & Konstantin Yanovskiy, 2014. "The State Independent from voters: Rent Revenue Incomes and the Resource Curse," Working Papers 0089, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2014.