God does not play dice, but people should: random selection in politics, science and society
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2003. "Dry Holes in Economic Research," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 161-173, May.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:104:y:2010:i:02:p:243-267_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Spiegel, 2012. "Reviewing Less--Progressing More," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(5), pages 1331-1338.
- Bruno Frey & Paolo Pamini & Lasse Steiner, 2013. "Explaining the World Heritage List: an empirical study," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 60(1), pages 1-19, March.
- William Niskanen, 2012. "Gordon Tullock’s contribution to bureaucracy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 97-101, July.
- Bruno S. Frey & Lasse Steiner, 2013. "World Heritage List," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Cultural Heritage, chapter 8, pages i-i Edward Elgar Publishing.
- William H. Starbuck, 2005. "How Much Better Are the Most-Prestigious Journals? The Statistics of Academic Publication," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 180-200, April.
- Michael D. Intriligator, 1973. "A Probabilistic Model of Social Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 553-560.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:02:p:147-163_06 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRandom selection; lot; democracy; representativeness; corruption;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- H10 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2014-03-22 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HPE-2014-03-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2014-03-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .