Direct Democracy and Local Public Goods: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonard Wantchekon, 2003. "Clientelism and voting behavior: Evidence from a field experiment in benin," Natural Field Experiments 00339, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:03:p:653-663_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004.
"Women as Policy Makers: Evidence from a Randomized Policy Experiment in India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1409-1443, September.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Women as policy makers: Evidence from a randomized policy experiment in india," Framed Field Experiments 00224, The Field Experiments Website.
- Pranab Bardhan & Dilip Mookherjee, 2006. "Decentralisation and Accountability in Infrastructure Delivery in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(508), pages 101-127, January.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2003.
"Why not a political Coase theorem? Social conflict, commitment, and politics,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 620-652, December.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2002. "Why Not a Political Coase Theorem? Social Conflict, Commitment and Politics," NBER Working Papers 9377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2006.
"Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(3), pages 538-575, June.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2005. "Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Online Papers 370, UCLA Department of Economics.
- John Matsusaka, 2005. "The eclipse of legislatures: Direct democracy in the 21st century," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 157-177, July.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:04:p:627-635_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2002. "Participation and Development: Perspectives from the Comprehensive Development Paradigm," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 163-182, June.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2007.
"Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 200-249.
- Benjamin Olken, 2005. "Monitoring corruption: Evidence from a field experiment in indonesia," Natural Field Experiments 00317, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2005. "Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 11753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John G. Matsusaka, 2005. "Direct Democracy Works," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 185-206, Spring.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Decentralization of Governance and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 185-205, Fall.
- J.D. Angrist & Guido W. Imbens & D.B. Rubin, 1993. "Identification of Causal Effects Using Instrumental Variables," NBER Technical Working Papers 0136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:50:y:1956:i:01:p:154-165_06 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gonçalves, Sónia, 2014. "The Effects of Participatory Budgeting on Municipal Expenditures and Infant Mortality in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 94-110.
- Chikako Yamauchi, 2010.
"Community-Based Targeting and Initial Local Conditions: Evidence from Indonesia's IDT Program,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 95-147, October.
- Chikako Yamauchi, 2008. "Community-based Targeting and Initial Local Conditions: Evidence from Indonesia’s IDT Program," CEPR Discussion Papers 584, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- William Easterly, 2009. "Can the West Save Africa?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 373-447, June.
- Bruno Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2010. "Happiness and public choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 144(3), pages 557-573, September.
- Thomas de Hoop & Ricardo Fort & Luuk van Kempen, 2009.
"Do people invest in local public goods with long-term benefits? Experimental evidence from a shanty town in peru,"
Artefactual Field Experiments
00070, The Field Experiments Website.
- De Hoop, Thomas & Van Kempen, Luuk & Fort, Ricardo, 2010. "Do people invest in local public goods with long-term benefits: Experimental evidence from a shanty town in Peru," MPRA Paper 24968, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katherine Casey & Rachel Glennerster & Edward Miguel, 2012.
"Reshaping Institutions: Evidence on Aid Impacts Using a Preanalysis Plan,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 127(4), pages 1755-1812.
- Katherine Casey & Rachel Glennerster & Edward Miguel, 2011. "Reshaping Institutions: Evidence on Aid Impacts Using a Pre-Analysis Plan," NBER Working Papers 17012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luca Corazzini & Sebastian Kube & Michel Andrï¿½ Marï¿½chal & Antonio Nicolï¿½, 2009. "Elections and deceptions: an experimental study on the behavioral effects of democracy," IEW - Working Papers 421, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich, revised Aug 2013.
- Emanuel Towfigh & Andreas Glöckner & Sebastian Goerg & Philip Leifeld & Carlos Kurschilgen & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Sophie Bade, 2013. "Does Political Representation through Parties Decrease Voters' Acceptance of Decisions?," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2013_10, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
More about this item
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2008-07-05 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEV-2008-07-05 (Development)
- NEP-EXP-2008-07-05 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2008-07-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2008-07-05 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2008-07-05 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SEA-2008-07-05 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2008-07-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.