Report NEP-POL-2008-07-05This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elias Papaioannou & Gregorios Siourounis, 2008. "Democratization and Growth," Working Papers 00027, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Paulo Melo-Filho, 2008. "Essays on Political Economy," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002254, David K. Levine.
- Lindqvist, Erik & Östling, Robert, 2008. "Political Polarization and the Size of Government," Working Paper Series 749, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Motta, Massimo & Ruta, Michele, 2008. "A Political Economy Model of Merger Policy in International Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto F. Alesina & Richard T. Holden, 2008. "Ambiguity and Extremism in Elections," NBER Working Papers 14143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antràs, Pol & Padró i Miquel, Gerard, 2008. "Foreign Influence and Welfare," CEPR Discussion Papers 6884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tangerås, Thomas, 2008. "Democracy, Autocracy and the Likelihood of International Conflict," Working Paper Series 751, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2008. "Direct Democracy and Local Public Goods: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 14123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- António Caleiro, 2008. "The Political Economics Side of the J-Curve," Economics Working Papers 02_2008, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Weeber, Stan, 2008. "An International Perspective on Political Scandals," MPRA Paper 9393, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Constantina Kottaridi & Monica Escaleras, 2008. "Macroeconomic imbalances, socio-political instability and public provision: effects on private investment," Working Papers 029, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Béland & Alex Waddan, 2008. "The Politics of Social Policy Reform in the United States: The Clinton and the W. Bush Presidencies Reconsidered," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 232, McMaster University.
- Rangan Gupta & Emmanuel Ziramba, 2008. "Openness, Bureaucratic Corruption and Public Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model," Working Papers 200817, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.