State Dependence in Canadian Welfare Participation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keane, Michael P, 1994. "A Computationally Practical Simulation Estimator for Panel Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 95-116, January.
- Dean R. Hyslop, 1999. "State Dependence, Serial Correlation and Heterogeneity in Intertemporal Labor Force Participation of Married Women," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1255-1294, November.
- Barrett, Garry F., 2000. "The effect of educational attainment on welfare dependence: Evidence from Canada," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 209-232, August.
- Kapsalis, Costa, 2001. "An Assessment of EI and SA Reporting in SLID," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001166e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- FLORENS, Jean-Pierre & FOUGERE, Denis & MOUCHART, Michel, 1995. "Duration Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Enberg, John & Gottschalk, Peter & Wolf, Douglas, 1990.
"A random-effects logit model of work-welfare transitions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 63-75.
- John Engberg & Peter Gottschalk & Doug Wolf, 1988. "A Random Effects Logit Model of Work-Welfare Transitions," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Curtis Eberwein & John C. Ham & Robert J. Lalonde, 1997. "The Impact of Being Offered and Receiving Classroom Training on the Employment Histories of Disadvantaged Women: Evidence from Experimental Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 655-682.
- Jorgen Hansen & Magnus Lofstrom, 2009.
"The dynamics of immigrant welfare and labor market behavior,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 941-970, October.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Löfström, Magnus, 2001. "The Dynamics of Immigrant Welfare and Labour Market Behaviour," CEPR Discussion Papers 3028, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Lofstrom, Magnus, 2001. "The Dynamics of Immigrant Welfare and Labor Market Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 360, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1997.
"Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of dynamic discrete choice statistical models some Monte Carlo results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-35.
- Lee, L.F., 1994. "Simulated Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Choice Statistical Models--Some Monte Carlo Results," Papers 94-06, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2002. "Evaluating Welfare Reform in the United States," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1105-1166, December.
- Blank, Rebecca M., 1989. "Analyzing the length of welfare spells," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 245-273, August.
- Bernard Fortin & Denis Fougère & Guy Lacroix, 2000. "The Effects of Welfare Benefits on the Duration of Welfare Spells : Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Canada," Working Papers 2000-14, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 2001. "The Dynamics of Educational Attainment for Black, Hispanic, and White Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 455-499, June.
- Robert A. Moffitt, 1999. "The Effect of Pre-PRWORA Waivers on AFDC Caseloads and Female Earnings, Income, and Labor Force Behavior," JCPR Working Papers 89, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wunder, Christoph & Riphahn, Regina, 2013. "Welfare transitions before and after reforms of the German welfare system," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79715, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Manudeep Bhuller & Christian N. Brinch & Sebastian Königs, 2017.
"Time Aggregation and State Dependence in Welfare Receipt,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 127(604), pages 1833-1873, September.
- Manudeep Bhuller & Christian N. Brinch & Sebastian Königs, 2014. "Time aggregation and state dependence in welfare receipt," Discussion Papers 771, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Bhuller, Manudeep & Brinch, Christian & Königs, Sebastian, 2016. "Time Aggregation and State Dependence in Welfare Receipt," IZA Discussion Papers 9785, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clark, Ken & Kanellopoulos, Nikolaos C., 2013. "Low pay persistence in Europe," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 122-134.
- Herwig Immervoll & Stephen P. Jenkins & Sebastian Königs, 2015.
"Are Recipients of Social Assistance 'Benefit Dependent'?: Concepts, Measurement and Results for Selected Countries,"
OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers
162, OECD Publishing.
- Immervoll, Herwig & Jenkins, Stephen P. & Königs, Sebastian, 2015. "Are Recipients of Social Assistance 'Benefit Dependent'? Concepts, Measurement and Results for Selected Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 8786, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Richard Dorsett & Getinet Haile, 2010. "State dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in the employment transitions of the over-50s," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 523-554, June.
- Martin Biewen, 2009. "Measuring state dependence in individual poverty histories when there is feedback to employment status and household composition," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1095-1116.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2008.
"The Dynamics of Social Assistance Receipt: Measurement and Modelling Issues, with an Application to Britain,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3765, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Cappellari, Lorenzo, 2008. "The dynamics of social assistance receipt: measurement and modelling issues, with an application to Britain," ISER Working Paper Series 2008-34, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2008. "The Dynamics of Social Assistance Receipt: Measurement and Modelling Issues, with an Application to Britain," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 828, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2008. "The dynamics of social assistance receipt: measurement and modelling issues, with an application to Britain," Working Papers 101, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nisar Ahmad & Rayhaneh Esmaeilzadeh, 2009. "Immigrant-Native Differences in Earnings Mobility Processes: Evidence from Canadian and Danish Data," Economics Working Papers 2009-13, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sebastian Königs, 2014.
"The Dynamics of Social Assistance Benefit Receipt in Germany: State Dependence before and after the 'Hartz Reforms',"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
628, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Königs, Sebastian, 2014. "The Dynamics of Social Assistance Benefit Receipt in Germany: State Dependence Before and After the 'Hartz Reforms'," IZA Discussion Papers 7977, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aldashev, Alisher & Fitzenberger, Bernd, 2009. "Der Zugang von Arbeitnehmern in den Bezug von Arbeitslosengeld II," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-063, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordswelfare; state dependence; unobserved heterogeneity; initial conditions; transition; Canada;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.