Welfare Dynamics in Canada: The Role of Individual Attributes and Economic-policy Variables
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis N. Christofides & Thanasis Stengos & Robert Swidinsky, 1997.
"Welfare Participation and Labour Market Behaviour in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 595-621, August.
- Christofides, L.N. & Stengos, T. & Swidinsky, R., 1996. "Welfare Participation and Labour Market Behaviour in Canada," Working Papers 1996-6, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Garry F. Barrett & Michael I. Cragg, 1998. "An Untold Story: The Characteristics of Welfare Use in British Columbia," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 165-188, February.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1995. "Hazardous Welfare-State Dynamics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 9-15, May.
- Barrett, Garry F., 2000. "The effect of educational attainment on welfare dependence: Evidence from Canada," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 209-232, August.
- Charles Beach & Ross Finnie, 2004.
"A longitudinal analysis of earnings change in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 219-240, February.
- Beach, Charles M. & Finnie, Ross, 2004. "A Longitudinal Analysis of Earnings Change in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004227e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ham, John C & Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1987.
"Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 325-353, July.
- John C. Ham & Samuel A. Rea, 1986. "Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada," Working Papers 592, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Finnie, R. & Gray, D., 1998. "The Dynamics of the Earnings Distribution in Canada: An Econometric Analysis," Working Papers 9803e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Gunderson, Morley & Melino, Angelo, 1990. "The Effects of Public Policy on Strike Duration," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(3), pages 295-316, July.
- Jennifer Stewart & Martin D. Dooley, 1999.
"The Duration of Spells on Welfare and Off Welfare Among Lone Mothers in Ontario,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(s1), pages 47-72, November.
- Jennifer Stewart & Martin Dooley, "undated". "The Duration of Spells on Welfare and Off-welfare among Lone Mothers in Ontario," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 21, McMaster University.
- Duclos, J.Y. & Fortin, B. & Lacroix, G. & Roberge, H., 1998. "The Dynamics of Welfare Participation in Quebec," Papers 9817, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Moffitt, Robert A., 2002. "Welfare programs and labor supply," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 2393-2430 Elsevier.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2002. "Evaluating Welfare Reform in the United States," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1105-1166, December.
- Michael Charette & Ronald Meng, 1994. "The Determinants of Welfare Participation of Female Heads of Household in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 290-306, May.
- Ross Finnie & Arthur Sweetman, 2003. "Poverty dynamics: empirical evidence for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 291-325, May.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berg, Nathan & Gabel, Todd, 2010.
"New Reform Strategies and Welfare Participation in Canada,"
26591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nathan Berg & Todd Gabel, 2014. "New Reform Strategies and Welfare participation in Canada:," Working Papers 1402, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Habibov, Nazim N. & Fan, Lida, 2010. "Comparing and contrasting poverty reduction performance of social welfare programs across jurisdictions in Canada using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA): An exploratory study of the era of devolution," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 457-467, November.
- Nathan Berg & Todd Gabel, 2013. "Effects of New Welfare Reform Strategies on Welfare Participation: Microdata Estimates from Canada," Working Papers 1304, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment insurance; social assistance and other transfers; Household; family and personal income; Income; pensions; spending and wealth; Labour; Low income and inequality;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp3e:2004231e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/stagvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.