Real estate and land property automated valuation systems: A taxonomy and conceptual model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brano Glumac & Francois Des Rosiers, 2018. "Real estate and land property automated valuations systems: a taxonomy and conceptual model," ERES eres2018_148, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Erwin Diewert & Saeed Heravi & Mick Silver, 2009. "Response to Jan de Haan's comment on "Hedonic Imputation versus Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes," NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 201-202 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angelos Mimis & Antonis Rovolis & Marianthi Stamou, 2013. "Property valuation with artificial neural network: the case of Athens," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 128-143, June.
- Fernando Alonso, 2002. "The benefits of building barrier-free: a contingent valuation of accessibility as an attribute of housing," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 25-44, April.
- Stephen W. Mak & Yvonne Y.T. Liu, 2007. "Real property valuation decision support system," International Journal of Management and Decision Making, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(2/3/4), pages 176-189.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Saeed Heravi & Mick Silver, 2009.
"Hedonic Imputation versus Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 161-196
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. E. Diewert & Mick Silver & Saeed Heravi, 2007. "Hedonic Imputation versus Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes," IMF Working Papers 07/234, International Monetary Fund.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Saeed Heravi & Mick Silver, 2008. "Hedonic Imputation versus Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes," NBER Working Papers 14018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newell, Laurie W. & Swallow, Stephen K., 2013. "Real-payment choice experiments: Valuing forested wetlands and spatial attributes within a landscape context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 37-47.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Graaf-de Zijl, Marloes, 2013. "Estimating household demand for housing attributes in rent-controlled markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 11-19.
- João O. Borba & Tomaz Ponce Dentinho, 2016. "Evaluation of urban scenarios using bid-rents of spatial interaction models as hedonic price estimators: an application to the Terceira Island, Azores," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(3), pages 671-685, May.
- Peyman Khezr & Abhijit Sengupta, 2014. "Asking Price Mechanism with Dynamic Arrivals," Discussion Papers Series 524, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Robert Carbone & Richard L. Longini, 1977. "A Feedback Model for Automated Real Estate Assessment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 241-248, November.
- Carlo Bagnoli & Halbert C. Smith, 1998. "The Theory of Fuzzy Logic and its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(2), pages 169-200.
- Peter F. Colwell & Gene Dilmore, 1999. "Who Was First? An Examination of an Early Hedonic Study," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 620-626.
- Francois Des Rosiers & Marius Theriault & Catherine Lavoie, 2009. "Retail Concentration and Shopping Center Rents - A Comparison of Two Cities," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(2), pages 165-208.
- Iván Arribas & Fernando García & Francisco Guijarro & Javier Oliver & Rima Tamošiūnienė, 2016. "Mass appraisal of residential real estate using multilevel modelling," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 77-87, March.
- Robert J. Hill, 2013. "Hedonic Price Indexes For Residential Housing: A Survey, Evaluation And Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 879-914, December.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Laura O. Taylor & John B. Braden, 2013. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate Preferences for Residential Amenities: A GMM Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(1), pages 30-52.
- Nick French, 2013. "The discounted cash flow model for property valuations: quarterly cash flows," Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 208-212, March.
- Clapp, John M, 2003. "A Semiparametric Method for Valuing Residential Locations: Application to Automated Valuation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 303-320, November.
- Antipov, Evgeny & Pokryshevskaya, Elena, 2010. "Mass appraisal of residential apartments: An application of Random forest for valuation and a CART-based approach for model diagnostics," MPRA Paper 27645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yinger, John & Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong, 2016. "Hedonic Vices: Fixing Inferences about Willingness to Pay in Recent House-Value Studies," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 248-291, June.
- Robert R. Trippi, 1990. "Decision Support and Expert Systems for Real Estate Investment Decisions: A Review," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 20(5), pages 50-60, October.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1992. "Measuring willingness-to-pay with factorial survey methods: A Reply," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 95-98, January.
- Chung Chun Lin & Satish B. Mohan, 2011. "Effectiveness comparison of the residential property mass appraisal methodologies in the USA," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 224-243, August.
- Eli Beracha & M. Babajide Wintoki, 2013. "Forecasting Residential Real Estate Price Changes from Online Search Activity," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 35(3), pages 283-312.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2001. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods to Value Environmental Amenities at Residential Locations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(1), pages 12-29.
- Nick French, 2001. "Decision theory and real estate investment: an analysis of the decision-making processes of real estate investment fund managers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 399-410.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280.
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2010. "Which hedonic models can we trust to recover the marginal willingness to pay for environmental amenities?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 145-160, November.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1989. "Identifying willingness-to-pay for heterogeneous goods with factorial survey methods," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 58-79, January.
- Nick French, 2013. "The discounted cash flow model for property valuations: quarterly in advance cash flows," Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(6), pages 610-614, September.
- Zvi Griliches, 1961. "Hedonic Price Indexes for Automobiles: An Econometric of Quality Change," NBER Chapters,in: The Price Statistics of the Federal Goverment, pages 173-196 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsautomated valuation model; computer-assisted mass appraisal; real estate valuation decision support systems; automated valuation system; non-hierarchical taxonomy; conceptual model;
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2018-04-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:cepswp:2018-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library and Documentation). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepsslu.html .