Mass appraisal of residential apartments: An application of Random forest for valuation and a CART-based approach for model diagnostics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Bagnoli & Halbert C. Smith, 1998. "The Theory of Fuzzy Logic and its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(2), pages 169-200.
- Young-Lung Lee & Chang Jung & Yih Yeh Kuang, 2003. "Fair Evaluation of real Estate Value in Urban Area via Fuzzy Theory," ERES eres2003_198, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Carlos Martins-Filho & Okmyung Bin, 2005.
"Estimation of hedonic price functions via additive nonparametric regression,"
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 93-114, January.
- Okmyung Bin & Carlos Martins-Filho, "undated". "Estimation of Hedonic Price Functions via Additive Nonparametric Regression," Working Papers 0116, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Nghiep Nguyen & Al Cripps, 2001. "Predicting Housing Value: A Comparison of Multiple Regression Analysis and Artificial Neural Networks," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(3), pages 313-336.
- George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Residential Appraisal and the Lending Process: A Survey of Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 11-40.
- Han-Bin Kang & Alan K. Reichert, 1991. "An Empirical Analysis of Hedonic Regression and Grid-Adjustment Techniques in Real Estate Appraisal," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 70-91.
- Laakso, Seppo, . "Urban Housing Prices and the Demand for Housing Characteristics. A Study on Housing Prices and the Willingness to pay for Housing Characteristics and Local Public Goods in the Helsinki Metropolitan Ar," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 27.
- A. Prinzie & D. Van Den Poel, 2007. "Random Forrests for Multiclass classification: Random Multinomial Logit," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/435, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Elaine M. Worzala & Margarita Lenk & Ana Silva, 1995. "An Exploration of Neural Networks and Its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 185-202.
More about this item
KeywordsRandom forest; mass appraisal; CART; model diagnostics; real estate; automatic valuation model;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-01-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2011-01-03 (Econometrics)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .