Towards robust and speculation-reduction real estate pricing models based on a data-driven strategy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George W. Gau & Tsong‐Yue Lai & Ko Wang, 1992. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation: An Extension," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 107-123, March.
- Allan Din & Martin Hoesli & Andre Bender, 2001. "Environmental Variables and Real Estate Prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(11), pages 1989-2000, October.
- Antonios K. Alexandridis & Dimitrios Karlis & Dimitrios Papastamos & Dimitrios Andritsos, 2019. "Real Estate valuation and forecasting in non-homogeneous markets: A case study in Greece during the financial crisis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 70(10), pages 1769-1783, October.
- Jorge Iván Pérez-Rave & Juan Carlos Correa-Morales & Favián González-Echavarría, 2019. "A machine learning approach to big data regression analysis of real estate prices for inferential and predictive purposes," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 59-96, January.
- Kerry D. Vandell, 1991. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 213-239, June.
- Elaine M. Worzala & Margarita Lenk & Ana Silva, 1995. "An Exploration of Neural Networks and Its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 185-202.
- Steven Peterson & Albert B. Flanagan, 2009. "Neural Network Hedonic Pricing Models in Mass Real Estate Appraisal," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(2), pages 147-164.
- Antipov, Evgeny & Pokryshevskaya, Elena, 2010. "Mass appraisal of residential apartments: An application of Random forest for valuation and a CART-based approach for model diagnostics," MPRA Paper 27645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Residential Appraisal and the Lending Process: A Survey of Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 11-40.
- Helga Flavia TothÄƒzan & Adela Deaconu, 2020. "Neuronal Network Artificial Model for Real Estate Appraisal: Logic, controversies, and utility for the Romanian context," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(2), pages 1093-1100, December.
- Ali Azadeh & Mohammad Sheikhalishahi & Ali Boostani, 2014. "A Flexible Neuro-Fuzzy Approach for Improvement of Seasonal Housing Price Estimation in Uncertain and Non-Linear Environments," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(4), pages 567-582, December.
- Kristoffer B. Birkeland & Allan D. D'Silva & Roland Füss & Are Oust, 2021. "The Predictability of House Prices: "Human Against Machine"," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 24(2), pages 139-183.
- Manuel Landajo & Celia Bilbao & Amelia Bilbao, 2012. "Nonparametric neural network modeling of hedonic prices in the housing market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 987-1009, June.
- James A. Bryant & Donald R. Epley, 1998. "Cancerphobia: Electromagnetic Fields and Their Impact on Residential Loan Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 115-129.
- R. Kelley Pace, 1998. "Total Grid Estimation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 101-114.
- Jos魍ar, 2012.
"Space-time approach to commercial property prices valuation,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(28), pages 3705-3715, October.
- Beatriz Larraz Iribas & Jose Maria Montero Lorenzo, 2011. "Space-time approach to commercial property prices valuation," Post-Print hal-00712371, HAL.
- Beatriz Larraz, 2011. "An Expert System for Online Residential Properties Valuation," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 69-82, April.
- Hyunsoo Kim & Youngwoo Kwon & Yeol Choi, 2020. "Assessing the Impact of Public Rental Housing on the Housing Prices in Proximity: Based on the Regional and Local Level of Price Prediction Models Using Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-25, September.
- Horvath, Sabine & Soot, Matthias & Zaddach, Sebastian & Neuner, Hans & Weitkamp, Alexandra, 2021. "Deriving adequate sample sizes for ANN-based modelling of real estate valuation tasks by complexity analysis," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Mahdieh Yazdani, 2021. "Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Hedonic Methods for Real Estate Price Prediction," Papers 2110.07151, arXiv.org.
- Pierluigi Morano & Paolo Rosato & Francesco Tajani & Benedetto Manganelli & Felicia Di Liddo, 2019. "Contextualized Property Market Models vs. Generalized Mass Appraisals: An Innovative Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-28, September.
- Donald R. Epley, 1997. "A Note on the Optimal Selection and Weighting of Comparable Properties," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(2), pages 175-182.
- Sebastian Gnat, 2021. "Property Mass Valuation on Small Markets," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-14, April.
- Camilo Serrano & Martin Hoesli, 2010.
"Are Securitized Real Estate Returns more Predictable than Stock Returns?,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 170-192, August.
- Camilo Serrano & Martin Hoesli, 2008. "Are Securitized Real Estate Returns more Predictable than Stock Returns?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-27, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Camilo Serrano & Martin Hoesli, 2008. "Are Securitized Real Estate Returns More Predictable Than Stock Returns?," ERES eres2008_252, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Narula, Subhash C. & Wellington, John F. & Lewis, Stephen A., 2012. "Valuating residential real estate using parametric programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 120-128.
- Kuan-Lun Pan & Hsiao Jung Teng & Shih-Yuan Lin & Yu En Cheng, 2021. "An Empirical Method for Decomposing the Contributions of Land and Building Values to Housing Value," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 385-403.
- Baker, Bruce D. & Richards, Craig E., 1999. "A comparison of conventional linear regression methods and neural networks for forecasting educational spending," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 405-415, October.
- Ünsal Özdilek, 2020. "Land and building separation based on Shapley values," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 6(1), pages 1-13, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2021-02-01 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2021-02-01 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-URE-2021-02-01 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:2012.09115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.