Total Grid Estimation
This article provides a matrix representation of the adjustment grid estimator. From this representation, one can invoke the Gauss-Mrkov theorem to examine the efficiency of ordinary least squares (OLS) and the grid estimator that uses OLS estimates of the adjustments (the "plug-in" grid method). In addition, this matrix representation suggests a generalized least squares version of the grid method, labeled herin as the total grid estimator. Based on the empirical experiments, the total grid estimator outperformed the plug-in grid estimator, which in turn outperformed the OLS.
Volume (Year): 15 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark G. Dotzour, 1988. "Quantifying Estimation Bias in Residential Appraisal," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(3), pages 1-11.
- Gilley, Otis W & Pace, R Kelley, 1995. "Improving Hedonic Estimation with an Inequality Restricted Estimator," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 609-21, November.
- Kerry D. Vandell, 1991. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 213-239.
- George W. Gau & Tsong-Yue Lai & Ko Wang, 1992. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation: An Extension," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 107-123.
- Joseph B. Lipscomb & J. Brian Gray, 1990. "An Empirical Investigation of Four Market-Derived Adjustment Methods," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 53-66.
- R. Kelley Pace, 1998. "Appraisal Using Generalized Additive Models," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 77-100.
- Richard K. Green, 1994. "Optimal Comparable Weighting and Selection: A Comment," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(4), pages 647-654.
- Peter F. Colwell & Roger E. Cannaday & Chunchi Wu, 1983. "The Analytical Foundations of Adjustment Grid Methods," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-29.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:15:n:1:1998:p:101-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.