Total Grid Estimation
This article provides a matrix representation of the adjustment grid estimator. From this representation, one can invoke the Gauss-Mrkov theorem to examine the efficiency of ordinary least squares (OLS) and the grid estimator that uses OLS estimates of the adjustments (the "plug-in" grid method). In addition, this matrix representation suggests a generalized least squares version of the grid method, labeled herin as the total grid estimator. Based on the empirical experiments, the total grid estimator outperformed the plug-in grid estimator, which in turn outperformed the OLS.
Volume (Year): 15 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark G. Dotzour, 1988. "Quantifying Estimation Bias in Residential Appraisal," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(3), pages 1-11.
- Kerry D. Vandell, 1991. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 213-239.
- Peter F. Colwell & Roger E. Cannaday & Chunchi Wu, 1983. "The Analytical Foundations of Adjustment Grid Methods," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-29.
- R. Kelley Pace, 1998. "Appraisal Using Generalized Additive Models," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 77-100.
- Richard K. Green, 1994. "Optimal Comparable Weighting and Selection: A Comment," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(4), pages 647-654.
- George W. Gau & Tsong-Yue Lai & Ko Wang, 1992. "Optimal Comparable Selection and Weighting in Real Property Valuation: An Extension," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 107-123.
- Gilley, Otis W & Pace, R Kelley, 1995. "Improving Hedonic Estimation with an Inequality Restricted Estimator," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 609-21, November.
- Joseph B. Lipscomb & J. Brian Gray, 1990. "An Empirical Investigation of Four Market-Derived Adjustment Methods," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 53-66.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:15:n:1:1998:p:101-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.