Brand Value of Property in Bangkok Metropolitan Region (BMR), Thailand
This paper aims to evaluate the brand value of property in subdivision developments in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region (BMR), Thailand. The result has been determined by the application of a hedonic price model. The development of the model is developed based on a sample of 1,755 property sales during the period of 1992-2010 in eight zones of the BMR. The results indicate that the use of a semi-logarithmic model has stronger explanatory power and is more reliable. Property price increases 12.90% from the branding. Meanwhile, the price annually increases 2.96%; lot size and dwelling area have positive impacts on the price. In contrast, duplexes and townhouses have a negative impact on the price compared to single detached houses. Moreover, the price of properties which are located outside the Bangkok inner city area is reduced by 21.26% to 43.19%. These findings also contribute towards a new understanding of the positive impact of branding on the property price in the BMR. The result is useful for setting selling prices for branded and unbranded properties, and the model could provide a reference for setting property prices in subdivision developments in the BMR.
Volume (Year): 16 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web: http://www.asres.org/ Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-94, September.
- David E. Clark, 2006. "Externality Effects on Residential Property Values: The Example of Noise Disamenities," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 460-488.
- Colin Jones & Chris Leishman & Charlotte MacDonald, 2009. "Sustainable urban form and residential development viability," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(7), pages 1667-1690, July.
- Fernando Carriazo & Richard Ready & James Shortle, 2011. "Using Frontier Models to Mitigate Omitted Variable Bias in Hedonic Pricing Models: A Case Study for Air Quality in Bogotá, Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 008736, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Nakamura, Ryohei, 1986.
"A new approach to the estimation of structural equations in hedonic models,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 218-233, March.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985. "A New Approach to the Estimation of Structural Equations in Hedonic Models," Working Papers 595, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2010. "House prices, development costs, and the value of waiting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 56-71, July.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Poudyal, Neelam C. & Roberts, Roland K., 2008. "Spatial analysis of the amenity value of green open space," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 403-416, June.
- Song, Yan & Knaap, Gerrit-Jan, 2004. "Measuring the effects of mixed land uses on housing values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 663-680, November.
- L. G. Godfrey, 2008. "Testing for Heteroskedasticity and Predictive Failure in Linear Regression Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(3), pages 415-429, 06.
- Baranzini, Andrea & Schaerer, Caroline, 2011. "A sight for sore eyes: Assessing the value of view and land use in the housing market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 191-199, September.
- Song, Yan & Knaap, Gerrit-Jan, 2003. "New urbanism and housing values: a disaggregate assessment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 218-238, September.
- Din, A. & Hoesli, M. & Bender, A., 2001.
"Environmental Variables and Real Estate Prices,"
2001.04, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Molly Espey, 2000. "The Impact of Airport Noise and Proximity on Residential Property Values," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 408-419.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December.
- Randall S. Guttery, 2002. "The Effects of Subdivision Design on Housing Values: The Case of Alleyways," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 23(3), pages 265-274.
- Lavín, Felipe Vásquez & Dresdner, Jorge & Aguilar, Renato, 2011. "The value of air quality and crime in Chile: a hedonic wage approach," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 329-355, June.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:16:n:03:2013:p:296-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.