Amenity values of spatial configurations of forest landscapes over space and time in the Southern Appalachian Highlands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Zhongwei & Xiao, Xiangming & Gan, Yaling & Zheng, Yuejun, 2001. "Ecosystem functions, services and their values - a case study in Xingshan County of China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 141-154.
- Shultz, Steven D & King, David A, 2001. "The Use of Census Data for Hedonic Price Estimates of Open-Space Amenities and Land Use," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, pages 239-252.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 2004. "Employment Densities, Spatial Autocorrelation, and Subcenters in Large Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 225-244.
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2008. "Errors in variables and spatial effects in hedonic house price models of ambient air quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 5-34.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Poudyal, Neelam C. & Roberts, Roland K., 2008. "Spatial analysis of the amenity value of green open space," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 403-416.
- S. L. Goodman & W. Seabrooke & S. A. Jaffry, 1998. "Considering Conservation Value in Economic Appraisals of Coastal Resources," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 313-336.
- Czech, Brian, 2000. "Economic growth as the limiting factor for wildlife conservation," MPRA Paper 9038, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elena G. Irwin & Nancy E. Bockstael, 2001. "The Problem of Identifying Land Use Spillovers: Measuring the Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 698-704.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 251-264.
- Brent L. Mahan & BStephen Polasky & Richard M. Adams, 2000. "Valuing Urban Wetlands: A Property Price Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 100-113.
- Antonio Páez & Takashi Uchida & Kazuaki Miyamoto, 2002. "A general framework for estimation and inference of geographically weighted regression models: 2. Spatial association and model specification tests," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(5), pages 883-904, May.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Poulos, Christine & Kim, Hyun, 2002. "Treating open space as an urban amenity," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 107-129.
- Starbuck, C.M.C. Meghan & Alexander, Susan J. & Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K., 2004. "Valuing special forest products harvesting:: a two-step travel cost recreation demand analysis," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, pages 37-53.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Newman, David H. & Bowker, J.M., 2005. "Measuring rural homeowners' willingness to pay for land conservation easements," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, pages 757-770.
- Acharya, Gayatri & Bennett, Lynne Lewis, 2001. "Valuing Open Space and Land-Use Patterns in Urban Watersheds," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, pages 221-237.
- Yee Leung & Chang-Lin Mei & Wen-Xiu Zhang, 2000. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation among the residuals of the geographically weighted regression," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(5), pages 871-890, May.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Christopher D. Clark & William M. Park & Seung Gyu Kim, 2009. "Spatial and Temporal Variation in the Housing Market Values of Lot Size and Open Space," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 51-73.
- Allen C. Goodman, 1977. "A Comparison of Block Group and Census Tract Data in a Hedonic Housing Price Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 483-487.
- D. Strijker & F. Sijtsma & D. Wiersma, 2000. "Evaluation of Nature Conservation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 363-378.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pitchayaporn Tantihkarnchana & Gregmar Galinato, 2014.
"The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States,"
2014-9, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Tantihkarnchana, Pitchayaporn & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2015. "The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202498, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chadourne, Matthew H. & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K., 2011. "Ridge, Slope, and Hillside Protection Taskforce Projects in Knox County, Tennessee: Costs and Benefits of Reforestation of Target Areas," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103846, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Matthew Chadourne & Seong-Hoon Cho & Roland Roberts, 2013. "Identifying priority target areas for the Knoxville–Knox County hillside and ridgetop protection plan: using the value of visual amenity during the real estate boom of 2002–2007 and the recession of 2," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 911-934.
- Dan S. Rickman & Shane D. Rickman, 2011.
"Population Growth In High‐Amenity Nonmetropolitan Areas: What'S The Prognosis?,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(5), pages 863-879, December.
- Dan S. Rickman & Shane D. Rickman, 2009. "Population Growth in High Amenity Nonmetropolitan Areas: What’s the Prognosis?," Economics Working Paper Series 0907, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Charlotte Ham & Patricia A. Champ & John B. Loomis & Robin M. Reich, 2012. "Accounting for Heterogeneity of Public Lands in Hedonic Property Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 444-456.
- Yoo, James & Ready, Richard, 2016. "The impact of agricultural conservation easement on nearby house prices: Incorporating spatial autocorrelation and spatial heterogeneity," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, pages 78-93.
- Hendee, Jacob T. & Flint, Courtney G., 2013. "Managing private forestlands along the public–private interface of Southern Illinois: Landowner forestry decisions in a multi-jurisdictional landscape," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, pages 47-55.
- Waltert, Fabian & Schläpfer, Felix, 2010. "Landscape amenities and local development: A review of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 141-152, December.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu, 2011. "Negative externalities on property values resulting from water impairment: The case of the Pigeon River Watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 2390-2399.
- Siriwardena, Shyamani D. & Boyle, Kevin J. & Holmes, Thomas P. & Wiseman, P. Eric, 2016. "The implicit value of tree cover in the U.S.: A meta-analysis of hedonic property value studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 68-76.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2012.
"Integrating Regional Economic Development Analysis and Land Use Economics,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1203, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2012. "Integrating regional economic development analysis and land use economics," MPRA Paper 38291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu, 2011.
"Negative externalities on property values resulting from water impairment: The case of the Pigeon River Watershed,"
Elsevier, pages 2390-2399.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu, 2011. "Negative Externalities on Property Values Resulting from Water Impairment: The Case of the Pigeon River Watershed," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103762, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hjerpe, Evan & Kim, Yeon-Su & Dunn, Leah, 2016. "Forest density preferences of homebuyers in the wildland-urban interface," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, pages 56-66.
More about this item
KeywordsGeographically weighed regression Hedonic analysis Southern Appalachian Highlands Spatial configuration of forest landscape;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:68:y:2009:i:10:p:2646-2657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.