Negative externalities on property values resulting from water impairment: The case of the Pigeon River Watershed
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu, 2011. "Negative Externalities on Property Values Resulting from Water Impairment: The Case of the Pigeon River Watershed," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103762, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poor, P. Joan & Pessagno, Keri L. & Paul, Robert W., 2007. "Exploring the hedonic value of ambient water quality: A local watershed-based study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 797-806, February.
- Hamparsum Bozdogan, 1987. "Model selection and Akaike's Information Criterion (AIC): The general theory and its analytical extensions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 345-370, September.
- Leggett, Christopher G. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 2000. "Evidence of the Effects of Water Quality on Residential Land Prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 121-144, March.
- David M. Brasington & Diane Hite, 2005. "Demand for Environmental Quality: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2005-08, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Brasington, David M. & Hite, Diane, 2005.
"Demand for environmental quality: a spatial hedonic analysis,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-82, January.
- David Brasington & D. Hite, 2003. "Demand for Environmental Quality: A Spatial Hedonic Analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2003-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Nelson, Jon P., 1979. "Airport noise, location rent, and the market for residential amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 320-331, December.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Dayton M. Lambert & Roland K. Roberts, 2010. "Forecasting Open Space with a Two-Rate Property Tax," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 263-280.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Seung Gyu & Roberts, Roland K. & Jung, Suhyun, 2009. "Amenity values of spatial configurations of forest landscapes over space and time in the Southern Appalachian Highlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2646-2657, August.
- P. Joan Poor & Kevin J. Boyle & Laura O. Taylor & Roy Bouchard, 2001. "Objective versus Subjective Measures of Water Clarity in Hedonic Property Value Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(4), pages 482-493.
- Steinnes, Donald N, 1992. "Measuring the Economic Value of Water Quality: The Case of Lakeshore Land," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(2), pages 171-176, June.
- Donald J. Epp & K. S. Al-Ani, 1979. "The Effect of Water Quality on Rural Nonfarm Residential Property Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(3), pages 529-534.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2008.
"Spatial Hedonic Models Of Airport Noise, Proximity, And Housing Prices,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 859-878.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2006. "Spatial hedonic models of airport noise, proximity, and housing prices," Working Papers 2006-026, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0049-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masha Maslianskaia-Pautrel & Catherine Baumont pba148, 2016. "The nature and impacts of environmental spillovers on housing prices: A spatial hedonic analysis," Working Papers 2016.04, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Mahesh, Ramachandran, 2015. "Validating Spatial Hedonic Modeling with a Behavioral Approach: Measuring the Impact of Water Quality Degradation on Coastal Housing Markets," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205664, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jed Cohen & Christine E. Blinn & Kevin J. Boyle & Thomas P. Holmes & Klaus Moeltner, 2016.
"Hedonic Valuation with Translating Amenities: Mountain Pine Beetles and Host Trees in the Colorado Front Range,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(3), pages 613-642, March.
- Jed Cohen & Christine Blinn & Kevin Boyle & Thomas Holmes & Klaus Moeltner, 2016. "Hedonic Valuation with Translating Amenities: Mountain Pine Beetles and Host Trees in the Colorado Front Range," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(3), pages 613-642, March.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:46-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ludo Peeters & Eloi Schreurs & Steven Passel, 2017. "Heterogeneous Impact of Soil Contamination on Farmland Prices in the Belgian Campine Region: Evidence from Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 66(1), pages 135-168, January.
- Janne Artell & Anni Huhtala, 2017.
"What Are the Benefits of the Water Framework Directive? Lessons Learned for Policy Design from Preference Revelation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 68(4), pages 847-873, December.
- Huhtala, Anni & Artell, Janne, 2015. "What are the benefits of the Water Framework Directive? Lessons learned for policy design from preference revelation," Working Papers 66, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial-hedonic model; Negative externality; Water impairment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:12:p:2390-2399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.