Applying a CART-based approach for the diagnostics of mass appraisal models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Elena B. Pokryshevskaya & Evgeny A. Antipov, 2011. "Applying a CART-based approach for the diagnostics of mass appraisal models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2521-2528.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Bagnoli & Halbert C. Smith, 1998. "The Theory of Fuzzy Logic and its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(2), pages 169-200.
- Young-Lung Lee & Chang Jung & Yih Yeh Kuang, 2003. "Fair Evaluation of real Estate Value in Urban Area via Fuzzy Theory," ERES eres2003_198, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Carlos Martins-Filho & Okmyung Bin, 2005.
"Estimation of hedonic price functions via additive nonparametric regression,"
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 93-114, January.
- Okmyung Bin & Carlos Martins-Filho, "undated". "Estimation of Hedonic Price Functions via Additive Nonparametric Regression," Working Papers 0116, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Nghiep Nguyen & Al Cripps, 2001. "Predicting Housing Value: A Comparison of Multiple Regression Analysis and Artificial Neural Networks," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(3), pages 313-336.
- Pace, R Kelley, 1995. "Parametric, Semiparametric, and Nonparametric Estimation of Characteristic Values within Mass Assessment and Hedonic Pricing Models," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 195-217, November.
- George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Residential Appraisal and the Lending Process: A Survey of Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 11-40.
- Han-Bin Kang & Alan K. Reichert, 1991. "An Empirical Analysis of Hedonic Regression and Grid-Adjustment Techniques in Real Estate Appraisal," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 70-91.
- Laakso, Seppo, . "Urban Housing Prices and the Demand for Housing Characteristics. A Study on Housing Prices and the Willingness to pay for Housing Characteristics and Local Public Goods in the Helsinki Metropolitan Ar," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 27.
- Elaine M. Worzala & Margarita Lenk & Ana Silva, 1995. "An Exploration of Neural Networks and Its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 185-202.
More about this item
KeywordsCART; model diagnostics; mass appraisal; real estate; Random forest; heteroscedasticity;
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .