A residential land price index for Luxembourg: Dealing with the spatial dimension
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2008. "Errors in variables and spatial effects in hedonic house price models of ambient air quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 5-34, February.
- B. Wade Brorsen & Damona Doye & Kalyn B. Neal, 2015. "Agricultural Land and the Small Parcel Size Premium Puzzle," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(3), pages 572-585.
- Corinne Mulley, 2014. "Accessibility and Residential Land Value Uplift: Identifying Spatial Variations in the Accessibility Impacts of a Bus Transitway," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(8), pages 1707-1724, June.
- David E. Andersson, 2000. "Hypothesis testing in hedonic price estimation - On the selection of independent variables," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 293-304.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Jan de Haan & Rens Hendriks, 2015.
"Hedonic Regressions and the Decomposition of a House Price Index into Land and Structure Components,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1-2), pages 106-126, February.
- de Haan, Jan & Diewert, Erwin & Hendriks, Rens, 2011. "Hedonic Regressions and the Decomposition of a House Price index into Land and Structure Components," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2011-8, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 05 Apr 2011.
- John M. Clapp, 1990. "A Methodology for Constructing Vacant Land Price Indices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 274-293.
- Ray M. Northam, 1971. "Vacant Urban Land in the American City," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(4), pages 345-355.
- Nichols, Joseph B. & Oliner, Stephen D. & Mulhall, Michael R., 2013.
"Swings in commercial and residential land prices in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 57-76.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Joseph B. Nichols & Michael R. Mulhall, 2012. "Swings in commercial and residential land prices in the United States," AEI Economics Working Papers 16021, American Enterprise Institute.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Jamie Spinney & Pavlos Kanaroglou & Darren Scott, 2011. "Exploring Spatial Dynamics with Land Price Indexes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(4), pages 719-735, March.
- Peter F. Colwell & Gene Dilmore, 1999. "Who Was First? An Examination of an Early Hedonic Study," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 620-626.
- Davis, Morris A. & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2007.
"The price and quantity of residential land in the United States,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2595-2620, November.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2005. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 5333, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Morris Davis, 2004. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," 2004 Meeting Papers 32, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Des Rosier, F. & Theriault, M., 1999. "House Prices and Spatial Dependence : Towards an Integrated Procedure to Model Neighborhood," Papers 99-002, Laval - Faculte des sciences de administration.
- Liv Osland, 2010. "Spatial variation in job accessibility and gender: an intraregional analysis using hedonic house-price estimation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(9), pages 2220-2237, September.
- Nils Soguel & Alexandre Tangerini & Jacques Pictet, 2007. "How to Measure Scope Variables when no Metrics Exist : Application to Landscape Quality Measurement and Hedonic Price Evaluation," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 117(5), pages 827-841.
- Nick French, 2001. "Decision theory and real estate investment: an analysis of the decision-making processes of real estate investment fund managers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 399-410.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280.
- Liv Osland, 2010. "Spatial Variation in Job Accessibility and Gender: An Intraregional Analysis using Hedonic House-Price Estimation," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(9), pages 2220-2237, September.
- J. Elhorst, 2010. "Applied Spatial Econometrics: Raising the Bar," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 9-28.
- Raphael W. Bostic & Stanley D. Longhofer & Christian L. Redfearn, 2007. "Land Leverage: Decomposing Home Price Dynamics," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 183-208, June.
- Des Rosiers, F. & Theriault, M., 1999. "House Prices and Spatial Dependence: Towards an Integrated Procedure to Model Neighborhood Dynamics," Papers 1999-2, Laval - Faculte des sciences de administration.
- Greg Costello, 2014. "Land price dynamics in a large Australian urban housing market," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 42-60, February.
More about this item
Keywordsland value; hedonic regression; spatial Durbin error model; Luxembourg;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:cepswp:2018-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library and Documentation). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepsslu.html .