Combining Revealed and Stated Data to Examine Housing Decisions Using Discrete Choice Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 1992. "Valuing localized externalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Chattopadhyay, Sudip, 1998. "An Empirical Investigation into the Performance of Ellickson's Random Bidding Model, with an Application to Air Quality Valuation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 292-314, March.
- Frech, H. III & Lafferty, Ronald N., 1984. "The effect of the California Coastal Commission on housing prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 105-123, July.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor & Swait, Joffre & Boxall, Peter & Louviere, Jordan & Williams, Michael, 1997. "Perceptions versus Objective Measures of Environmental Quality in Combined Revealed and Stated Preference Models of Environmental Valuation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 65-84, January.
- Kenneth E. Train & Terry Atherton, 1995. "Rebates, Loans, and Customers' Choice of Appliance Efficiency Level: Combining Stated- and Revealed-Preference Data," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 55-70.
- H Timmermans & A Borgers & J van Dijk & H Oppewal, 1992.
"Residential choice behaviour of dual earner households: a decompositional joint choice model,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(4), pages 517-533, April.
- H Timmermans & A Borgers & J van Dijk & H Oppewal, 1992. "Residential Choice Behaviour of Dual Earner Households: A Decompositional Joint Choice Model," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 24(4), pages 517-533, April.
- Cropper, Maureen L, et al, 1993. "Valuing Product Attributes Using Single Market Data: A Comparison of Hedonic and Discrete Choice Approaches," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 225-232, May.
- Phil Graves & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Don Waldman, 1988. "The Robustness of Hedonic Price Estimation: Urban Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 220-233.
- John M. Quigley, 1976. "Housing Demand in the Short Run: An Analysis of Polytomous Choice," NBER Chapters,in: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 3, number 1, pages 76-102 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1989. "Identifying willingness-to-pay for heterogeneous goods with factorial survey methods," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 58-79, January.
- Boehm, Thomas P & Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1991. "Intra-urban Mobility, Migration, and Tenure Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 59-68, February.
- H Timmermans & L van Noortwijk, 1995. "Context dependencies in housing choice behavior," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(2), pages 181-192, February.
- H Timmermans & L van Noortwijk, 1995. "Context Dependencies in Housing Choice Behavior," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 27(2), pages 181-192, February.
- Myrick Freeman, A. III, 1991. "Factorial survey methods and willingness to pay for housing characteristics: A comment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 92-96, January.
- Anas, Alex & Chu, Chaushie, 1984. "Discrete choice models and the housing price and travel to work elasticities of location demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Huang, Ju-Chin & Haab, Timothy C. & Whitehead, John C., 1997. "Willingness to Pay for Quality Improvements: Should Revealed and Stated Preference Data Be Combined?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 240-255, November.
- Quigley, John M., 1985. "Consumer choice of dwelling, neighborhood and public services," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, February.
- Louviere, Jordan J & Hensher, David A, 1983. " Using Discrete Choice Models with Experimental Design Data to Forecast Consumer Demand for a Unique Cultural Event," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 348-361, December.
- George R. Parsons & Mary Jo Kealy, 1992. "Randomly Drawn Opportunity Sets in a Random Utility Model of Lake Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 93-106.
- Trudy Ann Cameron, 1992. "Combining Contingent Valuation and Travel Cost Data for the Valuation of Nonmarket Goods," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 302-317.
- Adamowicz W. & Louviere J. & Williams M., 1994.
"Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-292, May.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Louviere, J. & Willians, M., 1992. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities," Staff Paper Series 232531, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Ellickson, Bryan, 1981. "An alternative test of the hedonic theory of housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 56-79, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Milena Pavlova & Wim Groot & Godefridus Merode, 2005.
"An Application of Rating Conjoint Analysis to Study the Importance of Quality-, Access- and Price-attributes to Health Care Consumers,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 267-286, September.
- Milena Pavlova & Wim Groot & Godefridus Merode, 2004. "An Application of Rating Conjoint Analysis to Study the Importance of Quality-, Access- and Price-attributes to Health Care Consumers," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 267-286, September.
- Sigal Kaplan & Shlomo Bekhor & Yoram Shiftan, 2011. "Development and estimation of a semi-compensatory residential choice model based on explicit choice protocols," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(1), pages 51-80, August.
- M. Du Preez & M.C. Sale, 2012. "Determining the impact of low-cost housing development on nearby property prices using discrete choice analysis," Working Papers 265, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Birol, Ekin & Kontoleon, Andreas & Smale, Melinda, 2006. "Combining revealed and stated preference methods to assess the private value of agrobiodiversity in Hungarian home gardens:," EPTD discussion papers 156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hossan, Md Sakoat & Asgari, Hamidreza & Jin, Xia, 2016. "Investigating preference heterogeneity in Value of Time (VOT) and Value of Reliability (VOR) estimation for managed lanes," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 638-649.
- Toshio Fujimi & Hirokazu Tatano, 2012. "Estimation of indirect economic loss caused by house destruction in a natural disaster," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 61(3), pages 1367-1388, April.
- Anna Alberini & Alberto Longo & Patrizia Riganti, 2006. "Using Surveys to Compare the Public’s and Decisionmakers’ Preferences for Urban Regeneration: The Venice Arsenale," Working Papers 2006.137, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chang, Justin Sueun & Mackett, Roger Laurence, 2006. "A bi-level model of the relationship between transport and residential location," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 123-146, February.
- Sigal Kaplan & Yoram Shiftan & Shlomo Bekhor, 2011. "A Semi-Compensatory Residential Choice Model With Flexible Error Structure," ERSA conference papers ersa10p65, European Regional Science Association.
- Dennis Guignet & Anna Alberini, 2013. "Can Property Values Capture Changes in Environmental Health Risks? Evidence from a Stated Preference Study in Italy and the UK," Working Papers 2013.67, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Amnon Frenkel & Edward Benedit & Sigal Kaplan, 2011. "Residential choice of knowledge-workers in a 'startup metropolis': the role of amenities, workplace and lifestyle," ERSA conference papers ersa11p208, European Regional Science Association.
- Cabrera, Elena R. & Rodríguez-Entrena, M. & Arriaza Balmón, Manuel, 2014. "Price structure of extra virgin olive oil: a hedonic approach," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182939, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2004. "Time is Money: Improved Valuation of Time and Transportation Costs," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(2), pages 159-190, October.
- John C. Whitehead & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & George L. Van Houtven & Brett R. Gelso, 2008.
"Combining Revealed And Stated Preference Data To Estimate The Nonmarket Value Of Ecological Services: An Assessment Of The State Of The Science,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 872-908, December.
- John C. Whitehead & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & George L. Van Houtven & Brett R. Gelso, 2005. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate the Nonmarket Value of Ecological Services: An Assessment of the State of the Science," Working Papers 05-19, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2007.
- Yukihiro Kidokoro, 2015. "Discrete choice models for multicategory goods," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-08, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David, 2006. "Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 162-175, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:51:y:2002:i:1:p:143-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.