Higher Frequency Hedonic Property Price Indices: A State Space Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Liang & Phillips, Peter C.B. & Yu, Jun, 2015. "New methodology for constructing real estate price indices applied to the Singapore residential market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(S2), pages 121-131.
- Tim Bollerslev & Andrew J. Patton & Wenjing Wang, 2016.
"Daily House Price Indices: Construction, Modeling, and Longer‐run Predictions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(6), pages 1005-1025, September.
- Tim Bollerslev & Andrew J. Patton & Wang Wenjing, 2013. "Daily House Price Indexes: Construction, Modeling, and Longer-Run Predictions," Working Papers 13-29, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Tim Bollerslev & Andrew J. Patton & Wenjing Wang, 2015. "Daily House Price Indices: Construction, Modeling, and Longer-Run Predictions," CREATES Research Papers 2015-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Simon N. Wood, 2011. "Fast stable restricted maximum likelihood and marginal likelihood estimation of semiparametric generalized linear models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 73(1), pages 3-36, January.
- Robert J. Hill & Daniel Melser, 2008. "Hedonic Imputation And The Price Index Problem: An Application To Housing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(4), pages 593-609, October.
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2006.
"Efficiency and Seasonality in the UK Housing Market, 1991-2001,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(3), pages 289-317, June.
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2004. "Efficiency and seasonality in the UK housing market, 1991-2001," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2004/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Harvey, Andrew, 2003.
"Computing observation weights for signal extraction and filtering,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1317-1333, May.
- A. C. Harvey & Siem Jan Koopman, 2000. "Computing Observation Weights for Signal Extraction and Filtering," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0888, Econometric Society.
- Clapp, John M & Giaccotto, Carmelo, 1992. "Estimating Price Trends for Residential Property: A Comparison of Repeat Sales and Assessed Value Methods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 357-374, December.
- Sheharyar Bokhari & David Geltner, 2012. "Estimating Real Estate Price Movements for High Frequency Tradable Indexes in a Scarce Data Environment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 522-543, August.
- Guo, Xiaoyang & Zheng, Siqi & Geltner, David & Liu, Hongyu, 2014. "A new approach for constructing home price indices: The pseudo repeat sales model and its application in China," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 20-38.
- Robert J. Hill, 2013. "Hedonic Price Indexes For Residential Housing: A Survey, Evaluation And Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 879-914, December.
- Silver, Mick & Heravi, Saeed, 2007.
"The Difference Between Hedonic Imputation Indexes and Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 239-246, April.
- Saeed Heravi & Mick Silver, 2006. "The Difference Between Hedonic Imputation Indexes and Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes," IMF Working Papers 06/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280, September.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Gatzlaff, Dean H & Haurin, Donald R, 1997. "Sample Selection Bias and Repeat-Sales Index Estimates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 33-50, Jan.-Marc.
- David Geltner & David C. Ling, 2006. "Considerations in the Design and Construction of Investment Real Estate Research Indices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 411-444.
- Shimizu Chihiro & Nishimura Kiyohiko G. & Watanabe Tsutomu, 2010. "Housing Prices in Tokyo: A Comparison of Hedonic and Repeat Sales Measures," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 792-813, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing market; Hedonic imputation; State Space Model; Geospatial data; Spline; Quality adjustment; Matched sample;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grz:wpaper:2018-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Scholz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vgrazat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.